Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Not as familiar with Ryan as others here but I've enjoyed him when he turns up in DDT, which is the perfect place for his routine.

These days I'd rather the cock spot than the never ending stream of "instant classics" that has completely burnt me out.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Cornette is an irrelevant blow hard.

I see Cornette as totally relevant because of his popularity and his alternative viewpoint to much of today's wrestling. Yeah he does rattle on a bit and he is stuck in the past, but he does bring a lot of logical points to the table.

• Paid Members

I bet he could still book a compelling wrestling product if he was so inclined. It might be a bit dated, but it'd make a lot more sense and arguably have a decent in ring product. 

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I bet he could still book a compelling wrestling product if he was so inclined. It might be a bit dated, but it'd make a lot more sense and arguably have a decent in ring product. 

You only have to listen to his podcast where he mentions how he would use Ricochet in an angle with the return of Rey Mysterio. It got me invested in the storyline just listening to his idea and Cornette said it was only a little concept he came up with as he was driving to the post office.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

You only have to listen to his podcast where he mentions how he would use Ricochet in an angle with the return of Rey Mysterio. It got me invested in the storyline just listening to his idea and Cornette said it was only a little concept he came up with as he was driving to the post office.

It was fascinating.Sometimes he is out of touch and gets a bit "old man shouts at cloud",but then he'll have some compelling booking ideas. I'm most intrigued by what his thoughts on this year's Mania will be.

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was fascinating.Sometimes he is out of touch and gets a bit "old man shouts at cloud",but then he'll have some compelling booking ideas. I'm most intrigued by what his thoughts on this year's Mania will be.

Totally agree. I nearly always agree with what he says, even though i like some of the modern stuff he hates.

It bugs me that some people dismiss him for various different reasons. He might not be everyone's "cup of tea", but for me he will always be relevant. A really nice guy too, unless you happen to be an idiot who pushes his buttons.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Totally agree. I nearly always agree with what he says, even though i like some of the modern stuff he hates.

It bugs me that some people dismiss him for various different reasons. He might not be everyone's "cup of tea", but for me he will always be relevant. A really nice guy too, unless you happen to be an idiot who pushes his buttons.

The deepdives and the stories he tellson the Drive-through are brilliant.

• Paid Members

Cornette always makes sense to me when he’s criticising some of the ludicrous no-selling that goes on but kills his credibility by slagging off talent or promotional tactics that for the target audience are proven draws or merch  sellers. By all means absorb his output but don’t take any of it seriously. That’s wrestling innit.

In case you didn't know MLW is now airing on Freesports. They are showing bits of their Battle Riot event tonight at 10pm and also starting every Monday at 10pm they are showing MLW Fusion tv show.

• Paid Members

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Remote---Connecticut/Continuity-Script-Supervisor_R0002629

WWE are looking to hire a Continuity Script Supervisor. I can't fathom how anyone who follows this business could see this as anything other than a temporary job, with Vince likely firing you within a month when he gets annoyed at your criticisms. Especially if you sneeze.

Continuity Script Supervisor

Remote - Connecticut

Apply

Continuity/Script Supervisor - Job Description

Key Responsibilities:

Maintain and Oversee the weekly Continuity documents for RAW and SmackDown Live

In charge of proofreading all drafts of RAW, SmackDown Live and PPV Scripts each week

Will assure all major stories, graphics and transitions are being brought forward for all shows and nothing is being overlooked

Create, set and communicate weekly checklists for all shows to keep Lead Writers on track and making sure they are bringing all stories forward

Responsible for watching all shows and up to date on all creative and all WWE related events (Digital, Social, Publix Relations, Community Relations, etc.)

Serve as a liaison between RAW and SmackDown Live to ensure continuity between the creative of both shows

Works closely with Head of Department, VPs and Lead Writers throughout the creative process to ensure the entire Creative Writing Team is on the same page

Qualifications:

Minimum of five years professional editing, oversight of multiple scripts

Strong understanding of structure and narrative story telling

Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus

Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus

Ability to follow instructions and respond to upper managements’ directions accurately.

Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.

Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed

Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.

Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.

Plugged into pop culture and current events

Ability to work closely and effectively with the Creative Writing Executives and Writing team throughout the creative process.

Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus

Must live in New York City/Stamford, CT area OR be willing and able to relocate there

Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment

Public speaking skills/experience a plus

**This is not a writing position/will not be pitching creative**

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What's the point, though? Arent there people who try to bring up continuity and Vince or Stephanie just goes "fucking hell, nobody remembers that shit!"

"Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately" 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Duke said:

"Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately" 

*5 minutes until air time*

"GOD DAMN what is this shit, rewrite it all again"

• Awards Moderator

Disney-era Star Wars has a single point of knowledge for continuity ('canon' in nerd speak), Pablo Hidalgo. He genuinely does a great job of keeping all of it straight. The shit he puts up with on twitter is mind-numbing. Imagine how bloodthirsty wrestling fans would be once they find out who their Pablo is (and they will) and they dispute "no this isn't the first time they've fought, there was an FCW match in 2006 so just fucking do your job and die already."