Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Disney-era Star Wars has a single point of knowledge for continuity ('canon' in nerd speak), Pablo Hidalgo. He genuinely does a great job of keeping all of it straight. The shit he puts up with on twitter is mind-numbing. Imagine how bloodthirsty wrestling fans would be once they find out who their Pablo is (and they will) and they dispute "no this isn't the first time they've fought, there was an FCW match in 2006 so just fucking do your job and die already."

They've also got Leeland Chee, the 'Keeper of the Holocron' who has to compile all that stuff for Pablo to then write about. Dream job.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

The guy who wrote Bret Hart’s Hall of Fame speech was fired during the show for including Vince’s name in it. Apparently he bans all the writers from mentioning his name or praising him in speeches during the HOF. 

I assume that DX "don't mention Vince" bit was added after it then? Makes their speech all the more amazing. Guy gets fired and minutes later they are taking the piss out of it.

Edited by ColinBollocks

23 hours ago, Supremo said:

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Remote---Connecticut/Continuity-Script-Supervisor_R0002629

WWE are looking to hire a Continuity Script Supervisor. I can't fathom how anyone who follows this business could see this as anything other than a temporary job, with Vince likely firing you within a month when he gets annoyed at your criticisms. Especially if you sneeze.

My first choice for this position would be Shaun Michaels or if The Heartbreak Kid is busy producing TV for NXT UK, then Jim Smallman would probably be a suitable candidate.

Anyone else have issues with meltzer calling the Gargano v cole match from takeover the greatest ever wwe match in the latest observer? It was great but you’re telling me it was better than bret v Austin at wrestlemania, savage v steamboat etc?! Not having that

On 4/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, The King Of Swing said:

That job sounds like the biggest ball ache.

Indeed - and considering it's been confirmed that Vince fired the person in charge of Bret Hart's HoF segment because Bret improvised and thanked Vince in his speech (Sean Waltman confirmed it on his latest podcast) I would imagine any job like that is more than just a ball ache.

Talk about micromanagement, even down to having people write their induction speeches! Fuck me. Vince would be a fucking nightmare to work for. I bet 99% of the employees there can’t wait til he snuffs it 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Boy said:

Talk about micromanagement, even down to having people write their induction speeches! Fuck me. Vince would be a fucking nightmare to work for. I bet 99% of the employees there can’t wait til he snuffs it 

Apparently Vince was FURIOUS Bret said it.
Again though - how ridiculous is it that the segment producer is fired for an innocuous improvised comment, that was actually a compliment, and which absolutely NOBODY but one person got angry about [and had no reason to]? Crazy. 

• Paid Members

Warrior must have had something on Vince in 2014. He said whatever the fuck he wanted during that speech. Even mentioning Jerry McDevit "getting his ass kicked by the wildlife people." Funny things happen when Vince's name gets mentioned at the HOF. Wrestlers die the next day or get attacked.