Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

He always says that, he knows which side his bread is buttered. It's his stock answer that it's the only match he'd come back for, but he's perfectly happy either way.

Wonder if it'll end up happening in Saudi Arabia, though.

Edited by BomberPat

I thought his neck and back were still buggered after the Rollins match? He got spinal stenosis but never had the surgery to repair it because you only need it if you're going to wrestle again? Or maybe I misunderstood. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Is there actually outrage?

It is shit and annoying, but didn’t think people would be outraged 

13 hours ago, The Dart said:

There's outrage aplenty on Twitter too, but then again there's outrage about everything if you look for it.

15 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

that's just really odd. that's the last name I'd have expected them to shorten. it just sounds weird now.

strange man that Vince.

I see what you did there.

Re: Sting vs Taker. When Sting signed with WWE it would've been an incredible dream match, no doubt. Now though? Doesn't warrant a match outside of a WWE video game.

Off-topic but speaking of Sting/Undertaker and co, and the recent talk of how bloated the current roster is, I'd like to see some of the older legends forming and managing factions. It would give at least some substance to the endless vanilla back-and-forth friendlies we get for months on end. Would be piss easy to give the factions unique styles too based on whichever legend was managing them. And you could get the old timers in matches where you could fall back on interferences to pad out the matches. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

10 years ago, yes. But Sting’s nearly 60 now. Undertaker has blown up in all but one of his last five or so WrestleMania matches. This is not a match I want to see in 2019 (or beyond). 

Should have been at Mania 18, they could have built it to Taker coming back as the Deadman by Sting calling him out during the invasion. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Should have been at Mania 18, they could have built it to Taker coming back as the Deadman by Sting calling him out during the invasion. 

WWE were in talks with Sting at the time and the plan was for him to face Kurt Angle, but obviously that fell through and Kurt ended up lumped with Kane.

I just want to see them interact. I loved that moment in the Rumble a few years ago where Goldberg and Taker squared up. It was just something I never thought I would see.

Just give us, at Mania, a confrontation. Not a match, nobody needs to see that.

31 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I just want to see them interact. I loved that moment in the Rumble a few years ago where Goldberg and Taker squared up. It was just something I never thought I would see.

Just give us, at Mania, a confrontation. Not a match, nobody needs to see that.

Problem is, we'll get the confrontation, the crowd will go wild and before you know it, Vince has it in the books for Mania 36.

• Paid Members

When Undertaker was announced for Starrcast, some internet wrestling newz mug wrote an article headlined "Undertaker vs. Sting could happen in AEW".

We'll still be talking about this when they're both on zimmer frames.