Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

My brother lives in New Bedford, MA and we visited him last year. Took a day trip to NYC and pulled off just to take a look at the Headquarters, so I know all about feeling sad when reading its moving. 

Drove by it on the way from Boston - NY few years back. Had the start of Beyond the Mat in my head as I did. The cheap background music and the perky voiced  receptionists "World Wrestling Federation, one moment please.."""

• Paid Members
On 3/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, Accident Prone said:

Is Stokey the first 'manager' to be hired by the Performance Centre? I know he has a wrestling background but he made his name by being a modern iteration of an 80's-style manager. It's a great signing regardless, I'm just curious.

Seems like Robbie E might have been brought in to do a manager/mouthpiece role too:

• Paid Members

That may be the perfect role for him. He was always confident and entertaining, but ring work wise he'd have just ended up as either filler in NXT or 205. Really happy to see WWE acknowledge they need more managers to help their roster get over, E and Stokey are a great start, plus if they somehow keep Drake with AOP when they are back together it'd be a good renaissance of management. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

That may be the perfect role for him. He was always confident and entertaining, but ring work wise he'd have just ended up as either filler in NXT or 205.

Yeah I think it's a good route for him - despite still being relatively young, he has already got getting on for 20 years on the clock as a wrestler so a move to a less physical role might well help prolong his career. He also seems to have been wanting to move on from the Robbie E gimmick for a couple of years now if his social media is any guide, so good luck to him.

Stokeley made his own house show debut over the weekend too, now known as "Court Moore", managing Babatunde.

So Bea Priestley and Will Ospreay are getting slaughtered on Twitter(nothing new there) 

Bea used Manami Toyota’s Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex in Stardom this week, Toyota gifted the move to 2 wrestlers once she retired and Toyota is not happy that Bea has stolen the move. 

Of course her and Will are making things worse by tweeting. 

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

So Bea Priestley and Will Ospreay are getting slaughtered on Twitter(nothing new there) 

Bea used Manami Toyota’s Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex in Stardom this week, Toyota gifted the move to 2 wrestlers once she retired and Toyota is not happy that Bea has stolen the move. 

Of course her and Will are making things worse by tweeting. 

Haven't you heard? Will is like, the oracle for who gets to go to Japan and what happens in Japan when they get there. He totally understands Japanese culture - in fact, he is now an honorary Japanese citizen and if he says that something which happens in Japan is fine then it totally is and none of us should question that because he's a big Japanese star and we're not. 

In other totally unrelated news, Sadie Gibbs has signed with AEW. 

• Paid Members

I've always found the gifting moves thing weird. Like Orton asking permission to use the Diamond Cutter as an RKO as an example too. So many moves are so similar that it does confuse me a bit how people can get so stressed about someone else using them. Especially when the move in question is an electric chair drop into a pin, it's nothing particularly innovative.