Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

He's going to be Batman in a Nick Fury type of role for flashpoint isn't he? Connecting all the DC incarnations together. At least that's what I heard.

• Paid Members

Depending on how accurate it is to the Flashpoint comics, he might... (spoiler)

... be playing Thomas Wayne, Bruce's father, in an alternative universe where Bruce got shot and Thomas survived. And Martha became the Joker.

Batman_Vol_3_22_Textless.thumb.jpg.945af0548bd97c5ae3ed84e683eb9f08.jpg

• Paid Members

Keaton seems to be playing 1989 batman. The rumours are he will wear the kingdom come suit. He’s not replacing afflecks batman as of yet.  This allows them to push forward with batgirl and possibly batman beyond based in the 1989 multiverse. 

Jeffery D Morgan is still rumoured for the above spoiler 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Spider-Man Homecoming is pretty cool. Peter's a bit like Miles Morales, which could get awkward if Miles Morales turns up. Unless he's going to be more like Peter Parker. Marisa Tomei as Aunt May is all kinds of weird. 

• 7 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

The Suicide Squad is good-not-great. It’s enjoyable, and everyone in the cast is having a bunch of fun (I can’t single any one person out because every time I’ve tried to, I end up listing three or four more of them who were just as good), but it did feel a little long at times and there’s a couple of animal deaths that I wasn’t keen on at all.

It’s far better than The Other Suicide Squad.

• Paid Members

I really liked The Suicide Squad. Big match John’s best role yet in terms of actually acting. There are two things I don’t like though. First is Margot Ronnie’s Harley Quinn is just not a portrayal I enjoy. I didn’t see Suicide Squad, but did see Birds of Prey and I’m just not a fan of her take. Which, considering I think she’s a great actress annoys me more then it should. Also, like @HarmonicGenerator I feel it’s an easy 20 minutes too long.

I went to see The Suicide Squad last night and thought it was fantastic, although I'm with @HarmonicGenerator as far as the animal deaths. There was one scene in particular that was particularly disturbing/upsetting. 

On the whole, I thought the film was excellent, and it's John Cena's most enjoyable role since Trainwreck.

As far as Margot Robbie goes, although I probably prefer Kaley Cuoco's portrayal of Harley Quinn, I think she puts in a really strong performance. 

Just got back from The Suicide Squad. 

Easily my favourite movie out of the modern DC output and washed the foul taste of Birds of Prey out of my mouth.

The cast for the most part was very well balanced imo. Also Robbie's best performance as Quinn imo.

Spoiler

Waller getting knocked the fuck out had me grinning. 

Bloodsport >>>>> Deadshot by a mile.

The opening massacre immediately raised it above the previous movie imo. Not once did I feel that anyone was at risk in that movie. 

Really enjoyable and will watch again once it's available outside the cinema. 

26 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just got back from The Suicide Squad. 

Easily my favourite movie out of the modern DC output and washed the foul taste of Birds of Prey out of my mouth.

The cast for the most part was very well balanced imo. Also Robbie's best performance as Quinn imo.

Hide contents

Waller getting knocked the fuck out had me grinning. 

Bloodsport >>>>> Deadshot by a mile.

The opening massacre immediately raised it above the previous movie imo. Not once did I feel that anyone was at risk in that movie. 

Really enjoyable and will watch again once it's available outside the cinema. 

It is if you have low morals, know where to look and can figure out how to close down the pop up puzzles on nefarious sites.

I enjoyed it a lot. Big Match John was a treat, I continue to be the only person who thinks Joel Kinnaman is alright and above all else Idris Elba was surprisingly good. It was probably the first time I’ve enjoyed him as a leading man.

Yeah Cena was surprisingly great in it.

The chemistry between the cast was spot on in general.

They should hire Gunn going forward for anything Quinn/Squad related imo. I was a little worried that it would be too "Guardians" when he first got the job but it stands out as it's own thing. 

Edited by The King Of Swing