Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Synder can’t possibly win. I’m a huge dc mark I have loads of toys and models from the dc films. The hype around his movie will be so big it can never live up to it. I’m pleased it’s getting released, the studio hacking and re shooting his film after his daughter killed herself was beyond low. 

I see the Ayer cut is being pushed for now to. Everything suggests that film is finished. However it tested badly due to Joker being abusive to Quinn and was recut to remove it. If it’s finished and they can just stick it on streaming I don’t see why they don’t it’s content after all.  

If the synder cut movement where toxic I dread to think what will happen if the JJ cut of star wars turns out the be real. 

11 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

It's not my fave but I do love it, not sure what that says, probably something about me needing to be hit with a fire extinguisher knowing you. 

Now in my mind I have a tearful Nicholas Parsons imploring you to release the Snyder cut!

• Paid Members

The Snyder Cut movement is laughably bad. Just accept the movie is awful, rant about it and move on. The only Snyder who got Batman right is Scott.

Having said that, I am curious about the Suicide Squad. That film was definitely hacked to bits and re-shot to make it more inline with Marvel's witty, comedic, sharply written spirit. The initial trailer made the film out to be a dark, brooding take on the comic but it slowly evolved into this tacky, colourful and incredibly forced advertising campaign. "Hey, this is just like the Avengers! We have one-liners and quips too!" it seemed to say.Then they blutacked on an ironic soundtrack to make it feel hip.

I remember being in the cinema and wanting the film to end so bad. The parts where it was edited or reshot to have a more lighter air were so cringe and obvious, especially a scene in a bar where they're all talking about their horrible backstories and there's all these jokes awkwardly crammed in there for no reason. I can't speak for them removing any Joker/Harley scenes, as I don't think their inclusion would've made the film any better.

So yeah, the film sucked and even if it gets was released as originally intended it would still be a 6/10 at best. Leto's portrayal of the Joker was a mistake, the action scenes were by the numbers and you never care for any of the characters..Can't say much for the main story either as I can't even remember it. That's stuff you can't really edit around.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

The Snyder Cut movement is laughably bad. Just accept the movie is awful, rant about it and move on.

Shouldn't you be off sucking off a cop somewhere?

It's people campaigning online for the release of a movie that's pretty much already made, they also raised over $150,000 for suicide prevention charities while campaining. Even if you think Zack Snyder is a hack and the film will be bad it at least sets a decent precedent for standing up to studio interference. A quarter of the film we saw is what Zack filmed, Joss Whedon did a terrible job finishing it and we haven't seen the original film and people want to, that's all there is to it. I can't conceive of why that would bring up so much bile in so many people tbh. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

It's people campaigning online for the release of a movie that's pretty much already made, they also raised over $150,000 for suicide prevention charities while campaining. Even if you think Zack Snyder is a hack and the film will be bad it at least sets a decent precedent for standing up to studio interference. A quarter of the film we saw is what Zack filmed, Joss Whedon did a terrible job finishing it and we haven't seen the original film and people want to, that's all there is to it. I can't conceive of why that would bring up so much bile in so many people tbh. 

Because so many of the people who have that hashtag in their usernames and tweets seem to think they're the first lot of film fans in history who have seen a film they were looking forward to be the result of studio interference. You don't see Film Twitter swimming with hashtags from irate Orson Welles fans demanding #ReleaseTheWellesCut of The Magnificent Ambersons.

Also, on David Ayer, he's even worse than Snyder so be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

On why people laugh at the Snyder Cut lot.

1. It appears that a lot of them are dodgy alt right edge lords who immediately fall back to name calling rather than have viable arguments. 

2. Zack Snyder's films in general are soulless splash page wankery. He can frame an image sure, but plot, character and charm are absolutely alien to him.

3. His DC films display a total lack of understanding of the characters he's dealing with. Giving him free reign of more of them doesn't inspire any more confidence.

Also, an additional budget of thirty million dollars+ and any where between 6 and 18 months extra production time suggest that the film is anything but 'already made'. Warners are basically greenlighting a film that only existed in the mind of a bunch of very vocal nest dwellers.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

What does this even mean? Is this some sort of alt-right phrasing like 'snowflake' or 'triggered'? 

Dev, Merz and Brody pretty much hammered the point home. I never saw a single defence from the SnyderCut edgelords that didn't involve 'virtue signalling' and 'political correctness'.

You lads had a temper tantrum because it wasn't any good, and you couldn't be arsed to have a chat about it with your mates or make some entertaining critique for the internet so you channelled your disappointment into some massive hashtag that constantly used 'virtue signalling' and 'political correctness' in it's defences. Merz mentioned Venn diagrams, and I want to see the crossover between RELEASETHESNYDERCUT man babies and the cretins who moaned about Captain Marvel and Black Panther. It would have to be a complete circle.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

What does this even mean? Is this some sort of alt-right phrasing like 'snowflake' or 'triggered'? 

Someone posted a video on here of a cop getting splashed by a car and someone said it wasn't funny because it was a cop and it should have been a chav, then it would be funny. It was a horrible thing to say and I thought it was you, apologies if not. I have a bad memory.

I didn't read the rest of your post and I don't care if anyone thinks in an idiot for liking BvS but please don't put some political agenda on me wanting to see Ben Affleck in the Batsuit again, that's just bizarre and things are getting a bit much with that kind of nonsense.

• Paid Members

Snyder is very style over substance. Watchmen looked brilliant, but somehow managed to miss the whole point of the original comics. Having said that though how many adaptations of the work of Alan Moore can be described like that? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Someone posted a video on here of a cop getting splashed by a car and someone said it wasn't funny because it was a cop and it should have been a chav, then it would be funny. It was a horrible thing to say and I thought it was you, apologies if not. I have a bad memory.

I didn't read the rest of your post and I don't care if anyone thinks in an idiot for liking BvS but please don't put some political agenda on me wanting to see Ben Affleck in the Batsuit again, that's just bizarre and things are getting a bit much with that kind of nonsense.

awkward waynes world GIF

• Paid Members

I thought V for Vendetta pure gikked all over his book, in the best possible way and was far, far more the entertaining medium.
So much so, that I got the V tattoo on my forearm on the back of that movie. It's funny when people stop and ask "Anonymous?" though. Kind of defeats the purpose there...

I'm a huge Hellblazer fan, and I even loved the Keanu led movie. I like Moore's work for the most part, but I also like not liking him as a person, if that makes sense so I'll always give a movie adaptation of his works an hour headstart. He thinks far, far too highly of himself does that chap.