Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

I haven't seen the movie since it first came out, and probably haven't read the comic since a couple of years before that - I don't remember the difference between them apart from the ending. I watched episode one of the TV show and found it hard to link with the original story, I didn't really get what was going on. I'm thinking of rereading the comic and then starting the show again.

There's a significant time jump it doesn't follow directly. The main bone of contention would be the squid but it doesn't really become apparent where the threads continue til around ep 3. I would heartily recommend a reread of the comic though.

• Paid Members

Crisis on Infinite Earths episode 1 spoilers.

Killing off Earth 1 Oliver was surprising, I thought he would last until near the end of the arc. And the way he died was very fitting for the character, there was never a way he was going to get a happy ending, he was always going to die saving people. But we will no doubt get multiple versions throught the remaining episodes. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've finally caught up with the Arrowverse only to find that they didn't air the Crisis episodes on Sky/NowTV. How have you clever folk seen them and Batwoman?

• Paid Members
On 12/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, King Pitcos said:

I haven't seen the movie since it first came out, and probably haven't read the comic since a couple of years before that - I don't remember the difference between them apart from the ending. I watched episode one of the TV show and found it hard to link with the original story, I didn't really get what was going on. I'm thinking of rereading the comic and then starting the show again.

Not sure if you bothered trying the show again but while the first few episodes are confusing but it makes sense later once they start linking everything up to the original comic in really interesting and original ways. I recommend it.

• Paid Members

I was really enjoying the Watchmen TV series, some of it was as good as any of this type of stuff I've seen. I really hated the last episode though, it was bad enough that it left me thinking the show was average on the whole.

Season 2 of Titans was great fun, it was unforgivably stupid loads of times but it was still a much better watch than any of the "Arrowverse" shows. Iain Glenn as Batman is something else, he's so far out but it's the only way it could work with the tone of the show and he cracks me up. Also Dove is amazing. 

• Paid Members

I tried to watch the first episode of Titans and gave up about 20 minutes in. Just seemed unbearably obnoxious.

I've just got done watching Batwoman and Crisis. I was only really watching Batwoman to get to Crisis but I dig it quite alot now.

Crisis is tremendous fun. I read the book a couple of months back and I was really impressed with how much they amalgamated from it within the obvious constraints of the Arrowverse.

• Paid Members

Morbius Trailer

I'd have been curious about it anyway just because Morbius is a character  can't quite believe is getting a stand alone film. But putting it in the MCU and bunging Michael fucking Keaton in the trailer means that I'm there opening day. Well played Sony, well played.