Sign in to follow this  
Bellenda Carlisle

Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

That’s a cracking cast he’s got there

4 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Taika Waititi following the money.

How so? It’s not like DC films are big compared to the MCU ( though wonder how they feel about him being in it)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

How so? It’s not like DC films are big compared to the MCU ( though wonder how they feel about him being in it)

That’s what I was meaning.

One more Spidey film to close out the trilogy, and one future Marvel film (presumably a big team-up)... It's not everything, but it's much better than no more MCU Spidey at all.

I can’t think about Spidey without remembering when he was announced for Civil War I mistakenly thought they were going to follow the comic and have Peter unmask on TV supporting Tony and the Superhero Registration Act. Although really this only serves to make me pine even more for The Fantastic Four not being in the MCU by the time they attempted Civil War. Reed and Sue broke up over it!

Anyhoo regardless of other studios ability to create good films with the characters as Sony did (mostly) with Spidey and Fox (occasionally) with X-Men, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and Holland’s Spider-Man has been really rewarding but the “shared universe” stuff enhanced the appeal massively. I’ve seen a lot of bitching on Twitter about this but I’m sure it’s just because hating Disney is the new in thing because it’s cool or they ruined Star Wars or something.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, TheToeSucker said:

Ooooor its because they were being greedy. Anyhoo, Good for them, not really bothered about seeing more solo Spidey films, I wanna see him in Venom 2 though

\

I’m more concerned someone is really wanting to see a Venom 2 (whilst the end result was nowhere near as bad as I had anticipated, it’s not the Venom movie I wanted, and more proof Sony aren’t deserving of the Spider-Man franchise. At least for live action). 

My guess is they will use this deal to close the loop on MCU involvement. It’s too risky now for them to carry on with the relationship with Sony.

Venom was a lot of fun, felt like a 90's movie, especially with that awful Eminem song. That was straight out of 1995, a movie tie in song. And they clearly want this relationship with them. They need Sony just as much as Sony needs them.

I read a Hollywood Reporter article this morning that speculated the announcement of a Madame Web movie just before the Spidey news broke could suggest that her powers will be a way for Tom Holland to exist in the MCU and the Sony-verse without simultaneously. That was the gist of it anyway, but it seemed to make sense from the very little I know of Madame Web.

Keeping the talk Spidey-related, I watched Into The Spiderverse for the first time last night and it's honestly my favourite Spiderman movie. It's so, so good and all the little nods and details make for wonderful veiwing. I couldn't look away, even for a second.

Edited by Accident Prone

I’ll whack it in here as I don’t want to incur the wrath of the superhero haters, but just got back from taking the 6 year old to see Marvel Live at the O2. She and I both absolutely loved it. Great seats as well. 

7-DD55-B9-E-A10-C-472-C-92-B9-8-EE4-BDBA

Pure cheese on toast, but a really enjoyable 1 hour and 40ish. Hilarious how much they were trying to get The Wasp over, most of the kids had no interest in her whatsoever.

Also, Rocket Raccoon hit a sweet hurancanrana that I marked out for, so currently wondering which BritWres shitarse is moonlighting in it at the moment.

Well worth seeing. 11/10

Edited by SuperBacon