Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Am I the only person on here that's been watching Watchmen? Despite some initial scepticism I've found it to be consistently the best show I'm watching in a period of time where I've got quite a lot of appointment viewing.

I'd find it hard to talk about without spoiling stuff, but it's better than it has any right to be by a comfortable stretch.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Am I the only person on here that's been watching Watchmen? Despite some initial scepticism I've found it to be consistently the best show I'm watching in a period of time where I've got quite a lot of appointment viewing.

I'd find it hard to talk about without spoiling stuff, but it's better than it has any right to be by a comfortable stretch.

Better then Mandalorian?

• Paid Members

I've been watching, but I'm a couple of episodes behind. I think it's been great. Just the right amount of intrigue and artistic flourish. I'm so glad they haven't tried to do a remake of the comic, and gone for something a bit braver.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Better then Mandalorian?

Yep. And I've been thoroughly enjoying the Mandalorian. Unsurprisingly though there's a lot more meat on the bones of Watchmen.

The one caveat I'd have is that it follows the comic rather than the movie so it's better to have either read the comic or go in completely fresh if you confuse easily.

4 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

It has been so good, I absolutely love it. The attention to detail has been staggering.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Yep. And I've been thoroughly enjoying the Mandalorian. Unsurprisingly though there's a lot more meat on the bones of Watchmen.

The one caveat I'd have is that it follows the comic rather than the movie so it's better to have either read the comic or go in completely fresh if you confuse easily.

I did read it, but years ago. It's on my to watch list, but thank you for the confirmation as have really been enjoying Mandalorian, but life is making it harder for us to be able to watch more then one show like this at a time, so I'll probably start once that ends in december

• Paid Members

The Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover of the various DC TV shows begins this weekend. Are the UK airings in step with the US ones? Let's disregard the 1 day delay. UK viewers will also miss out on Batwoman. Looks like the best way of catching the whole story is via Kodi or similar. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BigJag said:

The Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover of the various DC TV shows begins this weekend. Are the UK airings in step with the US ones? Let's disregard the 1 day delay. UK viewers will also miss out on Batwoman. Looks like the best way of catching the whole story is via Kodi or similar. 

No we are 3 weeks behind here. Which sort of blows but it will give me a chance to catch up on Flash and Supergirl. Wait Batwoman isn't going to air in the UK?

• Paid Members

Nobody seems to have picked up Batwoman for UK broadcast. 

Are you sure the UK are 3 weeks behind? Arrow is back on next week. After a couple of weeks off. I'm pretty sure it comes back with the Crisis episode. Plus this past weeks Flash episode looked to be leading into Crisis.

Looking at the Sky website The Flash is 1 week behind the US.

Arrow doesn't have an episode in this first block, they're now on hiatus until their Crisis episode on January 14th.

Crisis starts tomorrow night with Batwoman, then Supergirl on Monday, Flash on Tuesday. We then have a 5 week wait until Arrow and Legends finish the crossover on Jan 14th.

• Paid Members

Hmm well I watch it through NowTV/Sky there are 5 eps of Arrow out with the next on Wednesday and Crisis part 4 is the 8th episode of the season. So I assumed we are 3 weeks behind. Didn't realise Arrows crossover was in Jan. I thought Arrow was only doing a half season this year.

Edited by DEF

They are - this is their final season and only 10 episodes. They still have a winter break - final 3 episodes (starting with the crisis episode) air in January.

Again, looking at Sky's website the UK is 2 episodes behind on Arrow, but they are doing a double bill next week which will bring it up to date.

• Paid Members

Watched the pilot of Batwoman this morning.  A bit darker than I was expecting. Possibly why it hasn't been picked up as part of the Sky One DC hero block. It's not as violent and dark as Gotham. It sort of sits between Arrow and Gotham in that respect. I'll continue watching it largely to see how it ties into the Crisis storyline. Based on the pilot I cant really see it meshing all that well with the main four DC shows. It is only the pilot though. 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:10 PM, BrodyGraham said:

I haven't seen the movie since it first came out, and probably haven't read the comic since a couple of years before that - I don't remember the difference between them apart from the ending. I watched episode one of the TV show and found it hard to link with the original story, I didn't really get what was going on. I'm thinking of rereading the comic and then starting the show again.