General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Quite interested in this news that Emma Watson has retired from acting to spend more time with her partner.

This is something that you really don't see these days. It's rare even to see elderly actors retire, let alone somebody barely in their thirties. It used to happen a lot with female stars in classic Hollywood but it's almost unheard of today.

Can't say she ever really won me over as an actress but at least she did go her own way in terms of choosing projects after Harry Potter. I do think she'll return at some point but even so, a real surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Coming 2 America is a bit shite. Its exactly what you'd expect from a 30 year Eddie Murphy sequel. The one movie you didnt need a sequel for was Coming to America. Pretty much tied everything up in the first one.

They tried too hard with it, so it lacked almost everything that made the first one a classic. As someone else mentioned, only thing it had going for it was Asenio Hall's performances under the prosthetics, and Wesley Snipes looking like he's having the time of his life. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I completely forgot that Chris Rock was going to be in the new Saw movie

Hide contents

qs63bcq9p8l61.jpg

I thought it was an April Fools joke when I first read about it a while back. Apparently it was him that pitched the film, which is probably the only reason it got green lit after Jigsaw.

It can’t be any worse than that later Saw movies though. Then again it’s Darren Lynn Bousman directing, so it could be utter dogshit

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I had a quick check and I haven't seen anything she's directed. None of us looks like anything is be in to though, but I'm willing to give this a shot. Loved her character in 30 Rock.

Pitch Perfect 2 and Charlie's Angel's are both ok films. But then I'd watch Kristen Stewart read the phone book for two hours so I am slightly biased.

• Paid Members

Sky VIP are giving out tickets for a digital screening of Minari next Thursday at 6pm. Just log in to your Sky VIP account and follow the steps to get a ticket

(the screening is next Thursday at 6pm, you can get tickets now)

Edited by waters44