General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's less about the adorable bastards and more about the million branded products lingering in shot.

Rudd worked at Baskin Robbins in Ant Man and now this. there's no way he isn't getting those sweet ice cream kickbacks. 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

“Guys, Baby Groot and Yoda toys and Memes are popular. How bout baby Stay Puffs?”

Fuck this Stranger Things Ghostbusters rip off. The 2016 one was better than the crap I’ve seen this far.

When Ghost busters 2 was released they had ghosts in a can. Literally empty cans. This is a vast improvement. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ghostbuster films were selling Stay Puft toys nearly 30 years ago, what’s the issue? Paul Rudd could sell me the skids out of my own shorts though the likeable bastard. 

I did like one comment that in the Ghostbuster universe Stay Puft have done well to have survived the corporate nightmare of having their mascot destroy New York City.

It was part of a truther movement though, despite standing on a a church and all that we witnessed there were still people (including in New York) who thought it was an elaborate hoax and they were responsible for all the destruction. I'm sure Stay Puft were happy to encourage those rumours.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Oh man, I thought mine escaped when I opened the can.

My can is still sealed to make sure the ghost doesn’t escape. 33 years later.

As a side though, it was party of your Wimpy kids meal, they weren’t selling them like regular toys. And @Mr_Danger I still have a stay puff. My original at that. The point I was trying to get at was they have just taken the let’s make a baby version of something people like because people will lap that shit up that I hate. I imagine our house will have some form of them by Christmas once my daughter sees them because they are damn cute. I just think it’s lazy. 

• Moderators

Here is that interview if you want to watch it instead of reading a transcription.

It's good. Herzog is his usual self but I was impressed with the interviewer as well. I posted it somewhere on this forum when it came out, but I can't remember in which thread.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
On 4/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, chokeout said:

Rudd worked at Baskin Robbins in Ant Man and now this. there's no way he isn't getting those sweet ice cream kickbacks. 

Gregg Turkington should get them. He was the true star of the film and got Baskin Robbins that sweet public acknowledgement.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Werner Herzog interviewed by a skateboard magazine 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I posted it somewhere on this forum when it came out, but I can't remember in which thread.

Oh did you now?

• Paid Members

I'll go and see it, only because Snyder's only good film to date was also a zombie one and also for Dave and Tig Notaro. Then again, it's also two and a half hours long, for a zombie film, so he's still a fucking idiot.