General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

pS2kBZw.jpg
No disrespect Supe, but they’re very similar*, that’s all I’m sayin’

* for anyone that doesn’t know, The Corner was a mini-series that aired 2 years before The Wire and was also written by David Simon based on his book ‘The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighbourhood’. 
If you like The Wire bit have never watched The Corner, it’s well worth seeking out

23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

pS2kBZw.jpg
No disrespect Supe, but they’re very similar*, that’s all I’m sayin’

* for anyone that doesn’t know, The Corner was a mini-series that aired 2 years before The Wire and was also written by David Simon based on his book ‘The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighbourhood’. 
If you like The Wire bit have never watched The Corner, it’s well worth seeking out

Veering slightly off topic here, but David Simon's Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets is one of the best books I have ever read. Well worth seeking out. Haven't seen the TV show of similar name though, so must change that.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

With prequels theres always the fear it'll just go like Solo (this is how he got his name, this is how he got his pants, this is how he got his blaster) but that's exactly what I want from this.

So much of the series was them bullshitting about things that happened, i need to see them. I want to see how Richie got Rocco DiMeos leather jacket. 

If the film doesn't end with Tony having his first panic attack and Tony B getting arrested I'll be gutted. 

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

Seems like Ray Liotta could possibly be playing old man DiMeo, the unseen and actual boss of the family. Really can’t wait for this film. The Sopranos is my favourite and most watched show. There’s so much I want included in this that they talked about during the course of the show and all the unseen characters. 

Shame it didn’t get made years ago as the actors who played Johnny Boy and Uncle Junior in the flashbacks in the show were spot on. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

We've needed this news for a long time.

I’m still unnerved by Paul King stepping aside. However the world needs these films, more then ever. But as we’re talking Paddington Super Yaki who do cult cinema stuff is launching a Paddington range this week.  They have released a few previews on Twitter.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The Anya Taylor-Joy Supremacy continues apace.

She's in everything now. What a time to be alive.

Yes, but collectively can we forget her starring role in Playmobil the Movie?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• 2 weeks later...

Viral campaign for Matrix Resurrections has kicked in, with a full trailer in two days:

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/uk/

I was tempted to put this in the Things that you know will be shit thread, but Matrix was like my Star Wars growing up, so I'm going to be reduced to excited fanboy regardless. Some of the footage here looks great, and I love the sinister undertone to it that the sequels kind of lost. 

I loved The Matrix. I was 14 when it came out and it was the first film I was the movie equivalent of a smark for, instead of just seeing a trailer before another film like a philistine, I'd actively followed the production from quite early on. I remember pestering the cinema months before it came out about release dates and certificates- I was well and truly hyped up. I dragged a mate to see it at the pictures, an early Saturday morning showing at what is now the Cineworld in Sheffield on their giant screen. I bought my ticket and they accused him of being under age (which we both were) and I managed to sweet talk the person at the box office to let him in. I remember him turning to me probably half way through the film and saying "This is boring as fuck, it better get good" and me just saying "Get ready". And then the big Morpheus rescue happened, my mind exploded and my mate walked out saying it was the best thing he'd ever seen. I was obsessed with it. It was MY film. I wore the VHS out and knew it line by line. I watched it the other week and having typed this out now I'm hyped up again and could probably stick it on right now.

Other than the amazing motorway chase sequence I really hated both sequels but I'm quietly optimistic with the fourth one. I watched the red and blue pill teaser trailers a couple of times each yesterday and was giddy as fuck that an advert knew what time it was when I was watching. It's such a cool trick and it really added to my excitement. Please, for the love of God, don't be shit.