General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

It doesn't matter, because "kids' movies" for the most part seem to be made more a nostalgia fuel for the adults who watched the original property than for a new generation of kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more money in selling to the modern manchild than actual children, the toys, the t-shirts and whatever other merch is being gobbled up by people in their thirties for themselves.

Kids would rather have Minecraft and Fortnite.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more money in selling to the modern manchild than actual children, the toys, the t-shirts and whatever other merch is being gobbled up by people in their thirties for themselves.

It's what's keeping the wrestling business afloat.

19 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Wasn't Kenan and Kel made off the back of Good Burger popularity? They're from the All That group aren't they? (Essentially Saturday Night Live for children)

Yeah, Good Burger was a sketch on All That but I think the popularity of their follow up show really cemented the idea of turning that sketch into a movie. They were now a proven draw outside of the original show.

• Paid Members

“Guys, Baby Groot and Yoda toys and Memes are popular. How bout baby Stay Puffs?”

Fuck this Stranger Things Ghostbusters rip off. The 2016 one was better than the crap I’ve seen this far.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Ghostbuster films were selling Stay Puft toys nearly 30 years ago, what’s the issue? Paul Rudd could sell me the skids out of my own shorts though the likeable bastard. 

I did like one comment that in the Ghostbuster universe Stay Puft have done well to have survived the corporate nightmare of having their mascot destroy New York City.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ghostbuster films were selling Stay Puft toys nearly 30 years ago, what’s the issue? Paul Rudd could sell me the skids out of my own shorts though the likeable bastard. 

I did like one comment that in the Ghostbuster universe Stay Puft have done well to have survived the corporate nightmare of having their mascot destroy New York City.

I didn't realise for many years too late that Stay Puft was created especially for the film and didn't actually exist before it. I had assumed it was a real company who had paid to have their mascot be in the movie.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

That's a good point actually as in the mid 80's that would've been disastrous for a business, not like nowadays when every 10 minutes something new comes around to focus on, and corporate disasters are forgotten (ala Wolf Cola)

Maybe the Mini-Pufts are the relaunch of the business and they've just got REALLY unlucky that their new product seems to be homicidal little marshmallows?

God, what am I talking about?

41 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It's less about the adorable bastards and more about the million branded products lingering in shot.

Edited by Merzbow