General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I can see it doing pretty well, Mortal Kombat's resurgence over the past couple of console generations has been huge. But I'm still not expecting it to be at all good, I'm trying to think of good movies based on video games and can only come up with Detective Pikachu.

Umm... Prince of Persia was surprisingly alright? 🤷🏽 it's definitely slim pickings.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Murtz said:

I know the two from the 90s were not very good, but this looks pretty great!

Alternate take: the original film from the 90s is fun and the only good video game film ever made. Captures the spirit of the games, doesn't take itself too seriously, looks great and has a banging soundtrack. 

• Paid Members

I don't understand why that Kano lad is shooting a laser out of his eye though. 

It was a bit underwhelming, was that trailer. I think this movie will be like lounging on a bed with your chin drilled into your chest, watching your mate go the distance on the game. Just more of an obligation to watch it, more than anything else. 

I'll never forget the giddiness I felt when I saw this, though. Jazz handing all over the shop. An absolute hair on the necker backer stander upper. 

32 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I don't understand why that Kano lad is shooting a laser out of his eye though. 

It was a bit underwhelming, was that trailer. I think this movie will be like lounging on a bed with your chin drilled into your chest, watching your mate go the distance on the game. Just more of an obligation to watch it, more than anything else. 

I'll never forget the giddiness I felt when I saw this, though. Jazz handing all over the shop. An absolute hair on the necker backer stander upper. 

People seemed to like the YouTube TV show that came off the back of this short, although I never actually saw it.

• Paid Members

5 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

People seemed to like the YouTube TV show that came off the back of this short, although I never actually saw it.

First season was actually really good. If you've never seen it, it's worth a couple of hours of your time.  The Johnny Cage story in particular was a great watch.

The second season was poxy though, with nonsensical recastings and a complete disregard for the first season.