Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

Prison Break title sequence Dom.

Dom in the mask handcuffed Dom.

Cole abruptly going "Hah hah. SNOOP!" 

Nuthin' But A G Thang dropping into Eddie's theme. 

Honestly...one of the best three minutes of wrestling television there's ever been.

Enjoyed everything apart from whatever the fuck the McAfee thing was near the end, just everything I cannot fucking stand about WWE in one go.  Miz has proper Jeff Brazier vibes now with his da's suit and doing betting adverts with a forever shithead like Corbin. Logan Paul and the cunt in the bottle can fuck off too but OTHERWISE this was a great show and i'm looking forward to tonight a lot.

Seth Rollins is still heavy Shite. Dunno if any other wrestler where every single part of their act feels forced as fuck. Just awful to watch. Logan Paul is pretty unreal , feels like a guy that could have a good match with any other wrestler on the planet 

• Paid Members

I watched most of it live, but rewatching back now with less sleepy eyes. People proclaiming this one of the greatest shows of all time are smoking crack. Unless you mean of the last 10 Wrestlemanias, then I’d agree. Didn’t care for the opener, other than Cena’s entrance which was top stuff. 

Messy, but enjoyable 4 way tag team. Street Profits should be pushed to the moon. So good. 

Woman’s trios match was tough to watch. Lita was in slow mo and just didn’t flow as a match. 

Logan Paul v Seth was good for what it was. Smart booking to put Logan with decent hands who can carry him through a match. 

Dom v Rey told a great story. Pretty good match, but again Dom was made to look great because his Dad is such a good worker. Still think I’m ring Dom has a lot to work on.

Womans title match, probably the best we’ve seen. Both put a shift in, even Charlotte’s mugging post match to try and take the shine off couldn’t ruin it.

Uso’s vs Sami/KO. Whilst I was underwhelmed by the overall execution of the match itself, the story telling was great leading up to the match and it stuck the landing. Correct decision and was a great way to wrap up night one.

Overall it’s the best WWE show I’ve seen in years. It’s still clearly not for me, as others have said the in ring production is still a massive turn off, and the quality of matches overall is not on par with rivals, but the set and that side of production is still fantastic.

Can’t wait to see Cody lose tonight now.

Seeing Rey’s wife in the crowd through out that match with a massive grin on her face was great what a proud moment for her.

Logan Paul is just great isn’t he? Hope he carries on with it and doesn’t move back to boxing.

I went to sleep after Lita bored me to tears so I’m just catching up with the rest now before night 2 starts, the 4 team tag match was an amazing spot fest too.

Looking forward to watching Charlotte and Ripley now after reading everyone’s opinions.

Definitely didn't cry when Sami won. Just a weird coincidence that something dropped into my eye at that exact time. Fucks sake.

Couldn't have asked for more really. Just a moment of pure fucking joy.

Rest of the show was really enjoyable. Did skip the 6 women match and doesn't sound like I missed much. Nearly skipped Charlotte/Rhea but damn what an effort from those two.

I'm still not the target demo for Logan Paul but that guy is damn entertaining. Unlike Pat McAfee who should probably stay away a bit longer next time.

Prison Dom entrance and Prime KSI on the table are going in my most played YouTube clips for sure.

• Paid Members

It was a pretty good show. My mate that I watched with reckons Roman retains, but I wonder whether it's a case of Reigns being all grumpy and matd at the Usos through the night, and then when he expects them to help him against Cody they walk away, or they stop Sikoa from getting involved, then we could have Roman & Sikoa Vs the Usos at some point as the Bloodline implodes? 

My mate loved when Rollins dragged the guy in the bottle onto the announce table for the Logan Paul splash. He's a heck of a worker. Dom's entrance was a lot of fun. Charlotte & Rhea was good. 

State of Cena's hair. He needs to either wrestle in his hat, or get on the phone to Elton John and find out where he got his plugs. 

I'm no expert on whether Cole's commentary has changed as I haven't watched any WWE in ages, but with all Cole's "for the win!" etc I couldn't help but think Vince was back at Gorilla barking the commentary down the headsets. 

With next year's Mania being from Philly do they stick Heyman in the Hall of Fame? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Prison Dom entrance and Prime KSI on the table are going in my most played YouTube clips for sure.

Gable's Chaos Theory on Braun, and Braun getting LIT UP by Dawkins for me.

I've nothing against Braun, just coincidence.

18 hours ago, buba3d said:

speaking of the womens trios match......trish stratus looked stunning, on many occasions i thought we might see quite a few slips, but damn did she look good.

Was she getting booed at some points, had the TV on super quiet as my son was sleeping and haven't checked back yet?

I know it's kind of common knowledge now but Michael Coles level of enthusiasm was brilliant compared to in the past. How could they have let him sit there with wooden catch phrases for years when he can still show enthusiasm for the product on his own.

• Paid Members

I've caught up with most of night one now not having a clue what the lineup was or any of the storylines going in.

My main observation would be that there's no doubt what a massive and impressive showcase Wrestlemania is, and that no one else can even come close to that kind of spectacle in the wrestling world. The pure scale of it all and particularly that shot of John Cena looking down the aisle at that massive stadium before running down?

Wow.

That said, at the age I am now, it is also a gazillion miles away from my tastes and what I seek from my wrestling in 2023. Just overproduced, too many adverts and, worst of all for me, that repetition. There's no nuance and everything has to be rammed down your throat.

More than happy for another 12 months of WWE debuts, returns and matches to totally pass me by tbh.

Edited by garynysmon