Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

Yeah, I’ve said plenty to say I don’t believe Cody was the guy and I love Roman but that was the moment.

Cody will never be as hot again and I’m not sure anyone will. If it wasn’t Sami, it had to be Cody. They chose neither - madness.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Can’t wait to see Cody lose tonight now.

I mean, I knew they would blow it. All weekend people were slagging off Tony Khan’s booking of Ring of Honour at the weekend, and now WWE dropped the ball harder than anyone predicted. Amazing

If anyone cares this much about 1000 days or whatever, they’re a fucking dork.

Imagine all the great moments they’ve passed up to get here, then they do it again. 

I’m absolutely baffled. Two nights of great wrestling capped with a crown of ‘meh’ - this company literally can’t take yes for an answer.

What’s the point?

God I'm in the minority here I think but I bloody loved that. Was 100% sure Cody was gonna do it, so for me it was a nice shock! 

It took them forever to get the presentation of Reigns right, and I don't want him to lose the belts. Of course it would have been a happy ending, but Cody hasn't been in the title picture for that long, the story hasn't hooked me completely if I'm being honest, and it was just a nice surprise for it to not go the way I thought it would. 

Pretty crap second night, triple threat aside, and a good main event. Appreciate this isn't a popular opinion as I understand why people were absolutely behind Cody, but I'm glad to be shocked by what I thought was going to be an obvious ending. 

Opinions aside though, how many commercials did we have in total over the last two nights. Awful. 

As much as I wanted Cody to win - I almost hope the answer to the question ‘what the actual fuck?’ Isn’t ‘let’s get to 1,000 and he can win in a rematch or something’

They need to dig deep and find someone to coronate now.

And if they come up with a name other than Jey Uso they can fuck off again.

But, yeah, you don’t give someone a ‘finish the story’ build and then beat them on their big moment, on their big night without making them a bit of a loser. He won’t be this hot again, and will just be another ‘upper mid-card, sometime main eventer’ now… like everyone else besides Roman. Maybe that’s the plan.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

When you’re a lapsed fan that stopped watching because you were sick of the product, being finally super invested and coming back for that is not a way to keep them around. What a waste of time.

20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Without watching any wrestling for months and only having read the results this weekend I’m guessing they’re lining up Theory to be the the guy that ends the reign.

Whilst it’s laughable, if you look at the Mania card over both nights he is the only likely candidate left standing. Or Gunther, maybe.

That’s if you assume it’s ending soon(ish) and they’re looking to coronate someone. Which they should be.

They could yet just do it in a rematch or give it to a part timer, but neither feel right. But, outside of that, there is literally no one left.

From a story perspective, Jey Uso is perfect but I don’t see them investing in him long term as a main event project.

Theory and Gunther are the only two relatively young guys they’ve got on the come-up, but I suspect it’s going to take a long time to get fans into a position to be clamouring for them to win the title.

Roman may well have it another 1000 Days at this point.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

IMG_7674.thumb.jpeg.0bd96690bb237744d09048e2e829946c.jpegIt’s his own fault for showing up in this and giving them the chance to do a nostalgia moment that Manias are built around. Next up will be the “if I don’t win the rematch ill never challenge for that title again” 😂