Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

After my initial 'Fucks sake!' response I actually don't mind the ending too much if it means Cody gets the belt fairly soon.
Cody has the 'out' that all babyfaces need - Solo interfered - and he can chip away at Roman's psyche. 'Everybody saw your face, Roman. You KNOW that one-on-one, man-to-man, you can't beat me.' Six man tag at the next PLE -Bloodline vs Cody, Sami, Owens. Cody pins Roman. Title match for Saudi or whenever. Cody wins the belt.

In between all this you can have further cracks appear in the Bloodline, maybe even have everyone abandon Roman so he HAS to fight alone, I don't know.
I'm hoping its leading to an interesting few months though.

17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

In between all this you can have further cracks appear in the Bloodline, maybe even have everyone abandon Roman so he HAS to fight alone, I don't know.

I think this bit is key. If they lost all the belts then the Bloodline is a bit flat. At least now there are different dynamics - Roman standing tall as Champion but maybe disappointed with the Uso's for losing. However, they will know he only won because of Solo's interference so he is position is rocked a little as well. There's many chapters left in that story and just going for the feelgood moment on Night 2 may not be the best story 

• Paid Members

Poor Shane's out there making one last ditch effort for Daddys approval and he falls on his arse and blows out a quad. I can imagine Vince combing his moustache as Shane is helped to the back, not even making eye contact.

1 minute ago, kieranjennings said:

I think this bit is key. If they lost all the belts then the Bloodline is a bit flat. At least now there are different dynamics - Roman standing tall as Champion but maybe disappointed with the Uso's for losing. However, they will know he only won because of Solo's interference so he is position is rocked a little as well. There's many chapters left in that story and just going for the feelgood moment on Night 2 may not be the best story 

Inarguably the night with the most people watching, though. Which is important if the point is crowning someone

I’m coming round to the idea (not that I like, just starting to think it makes sense) that they’re not arsed about crowning someone; this is just about the greatness of Roman and them wanting him in spot. I wonder if they just don’t know or care how it ends, they’ll just wait until they feel they have to move before making a decision.

I just couldn’t get into night 2 at all.  I enjoyed the Women’s Title match and the triple threat but other than that I hated the show. 

Gotta feel for Lashley there coming out on the entrance ramp holding a trophy with the fakest smile you’d ever see whilst they waste half of the show time on adverts and replaying events from night 1 and fucking Shane McMahon, prior to the main event they showed the entire Rollins entrance again and I really thought they were just gonna show the whole match so I went to bed before the main event began, was completely shocked by the result too but then again Roman is the guy even though this should have been Cody’s moment, he’ll win it down the line for sure but it’ll be no where near as big as a deal as it should have been last night.

Ah well, might as well stay up for the post Mania Raw tonight to see where everything goes from here.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Inarguably the night with the most people watching, though. Which is important if the point is crowning someone

I’m coming round to the idea (not that I like, just starting to think it makes sense) that they’re not arsed about crowning someone; this is just about the greatness of Roman and them wanting him in spot. I wonder if they just don’t know or care how it ends, they’ll just wait until they feel they have to move before making a decision.

What does crowning someone do though if there is no pathway to establish them after. Creating a better chase for Cody Rhodes probably makes it more meaningful if and when he does topple Reigns. Rhodes probably has to earn it a little himself as well because a) he's missed a lot of time to injury and b) that was probably his break out main even match last night. The fans believed in him so that can be re-heated easily enough.

Once you beat the unbeatable monster then it's harder to get that momentum again for the heel so they are probably waiting until they are absolutely sure the next step is right. 

4 minutes ago, kieranjennings said:

What does crowning someone do though if there is no pathway to establish them after. Creating a better chase for Cody Rhodes probably makes it more meaningful if and when he does topple Reigns. Rhodes probably has to earn it a little himself as well because a) he's missed a lot of time to injury and b) that was probably his break out main even match last night. The fans believed in him so that can be re-heated easily enough.

Once you beat the unbeatable monster then it's harder to get that momentum again for the heel so they are probably waiting until they are absolutely sure the next step is right. 

Nah, absolutely not, you crown someone when the most eyeballs are on the product and you make a stand, saying ‘see this guy, the blonde one with the silly tattoo and weird speech pattern? He’s our guy, he’s the guy’.

Rolling him into a parade of rematches just enters him into the merry-go-round of other challengers. If the point is earmarking someone as ‘special’, then they had everything in their hands at Mania and decided against it.

I’m just coming around to the opinion there might be, by design, no plan other than to keep Roman on top as long as they can because they rate him that highly.

2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nah, absolutely not, you crown someone when the most eyeballs are on the product and you make a stand, saying ‘see this guy, the blonde one with the silly tattoo and weird speech pattern? He’s our guy, he’s the guy’.

Rolling him into a parade of rematches just enters him into the merry-go-round of other challengers. If the point is earmarking someone as ‘special’, then they had everything in their hands at Mania and decided against it.

I’m just coming around to the opinion there might be, by design, no plan other than to keep Roman on top as long as they can because they rate him that highly.

Or conversely you engage people into the next chapter whilst there's the most amount of eyeballs on them. I've not been following that closely but me and my son watched the main event and are now bigger on Cody Rhodes than we were before the match. Son feels he's been cheated and all that nonsense that we don't worry about so in that way it's worked.

You are probably right about the last point though that it's more a mark of how highly they rate Reigns and not wanting to kill the goose that's laying the golden eggs. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

After my initial 'Fucks sake!' response I actually don't mind the ending too much if it means Cody gets the belt fairly soon.
Cody has the 'out' that all babyfaces need - Solo interfered - and he can chip away at Roman's psyche. 'Everybody saw your face, Roman. You KNOW that one-on-one, man-to-man, you can't beat me.' Six man tag at the next PLE -Bloodline vs Cody, Sami, Owens. Cody pins Roman. Title match for Saudi or whenever. Cody wins the belt.

It'll be HIAC at Saudi Mania I imagine now, unless they are going full swerve and having Jey be the one to put him down. But that moment has been and gone as well I think. Interesting choice to continue the bloodline stuff for a while yet though, that does take some amount of balls but as someone else said earlier, there is a bit of mileage left in the tank. Jey/Roman hasn't been resolved properly, Sikoa has a turn in him judging by his actions recently, the main event is never once and done so Cody will get his moment to shine. 

• Paid Members

There is no way that Cody’s eventual win will get a bigger pop than he would have got. He came out for weeks, hyping it up. Talking about how his dad was never champ, how his dad never headlined a Wrestlemania, that this was the redemption arc. That this is what he came home for. And he lost.

Also I think I’ve figured out the mixed reactions to the nights. Those who only really watch WWE enjoyed it more then those who also watch other wrestling, on that basis I think they are delivering what the audience overall wants so fair play, it just ain’t for me.