Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Also I think I’ve figured out the mixed reactions to the nights. Those who only really watch WWE enjoyed it more then those who also watch other wrestling, on that basis I think they are delivering what the audience overall wants so fair play, it just ain’t for me.

I'd probably give up taking wild swings at why people enjoyed a WrestleMania you didn't, to be honest, between trying to figure out if they watch other promotions and asking for somebody's age. Just keep the 'it just ain’t for me' bit and you're golden. 

I didn't even watch Wrestlemania but happy if others enjoyed it. People really need to stop giving a shit about what others enjoy or don't.

I find reading these threads to be a fun little diversion. Also keeps me in the loop with minimal effort and less tribal bollocks. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

There is no way that Cody’s eventual win will get a bigger pop than he would have got. He came out for weeks, hyping it up. Talking about how his dad was never champ, how his dad never headlined a Wrestlemania, that this was the redemption arc. That this is what he came home for. And he lost.

Also I think I’ve figured out the mixed reactions to the nights. Those who only really watch WWE enjoyed it more then those who also watch other wrestling, on that basis I think they are delivering what the audience overall wants so fair play, it just ain’t for me.

I agree that in terms of keeping him as hot as possible, last night was the night. I still think he'll get his run with the belt though albeit it won't mean as much. UNLESS they're booking between now and then is better than what we've had to this point but I doubt it. All good things end eventually. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

I agree that in terms of keeping him as hot as possible, last night was the night. I still think he'll get his run with the belt though albeit it won't mean as much. UNLESS they're booking between now and then is better than what we've had to this point but I doubt it. All good things end eventually. 

That’s it in a nutshell. Everyone was hyped at his promos leading up, tugging on Dusty’s legacy, and was going on to achieve what he didn’t. Jay ain’t becoming world champion, they aren’t going to dethrone the most dominant wrestler since the 80’s with his cousin whose been a tag team wrestler almost his entire career, but when Cody wins its impact will be lesser then it is now.

and @Gay as FOOK I think context matters. The reason I asked someone when they started watching is the last time we really got an ending that decisive was Mania 17, and to a lesser extent the year Cena lost to Rock. So I think what you experienced in real time matters with something like this, rightly or wrongly, it would possibly make the result hit different.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, uklaw said:

I admit, I laughed when I saw this 🤣

Having seen this I'm glad Roman won. I wish I cared about something, anything that much. I've got family members I care about less than how much that guy cares about Roman winning. 

31 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That’s it in a nutshell. Everyone was hyped at his promos leading up, tugging on Dusty’s legacy, and was going on to achieve what he didn’t. Jay ain’t becoming world champion, they aren’t going to dethrone the most dominant wrestler since the 80’s with his cousin whose been a tag team wrestler almost his entire career, but when Cody wins its impact will be lesser then it is now.

What impact will be less though? On business? Probably not. Making a new star? Maybe, but he’s fairly hot anyway & has enough to keep himself on top despite the loss. Big emotional moment? Maybe, but I don’t think this is the end of the story so that big moment can still come.

The next step now is most important as he could have won but gone down the McIntyre or Bryan routes where you get the big win but there’s no substance behind it or following it.  He’s shown that he can have Reigns where he wanted him, he has allies & he was cheated. Tick that over for a while & when it happens it will still have an impact & mean just as much

Something else that I enjoyed from the two nights though was the sheer diversity of the roster now. A good mix or older hands & new faces, a lot of different looks all presented uniquely, a good mix of high fliers & brawlers & the some good monsters. A proper eclectic mix which was more about ‘attraction’ than in previous years. 

I hate that a really decent weekend of wrestling ended with THAT. Fucks sake.

Absolutely no upside to Roman winning whatsoever. They had everything in place. All they needed to do was give it the right ending. Cody ends up a made man. Everyone in other companies look on and wonder what they could achieve if they jump ship. Roman loses nothing by ending a spectacular run on the biggest stage of them all by elevating another guy to the next level.

It was right fucking there for the taking.

Watching the cell match back fresh, fair play to Balor. He perfectly picked up on the frustration the pause was causing in the crowd and the rest of his offence for the rest of the match was pure cheat code stuff. Everything fast forward and just acting like a complete psycho. He was a pro. 

I love me a dumb street fight, and for all the cynicism it had in the build up it delivered. It was the 'dirty' part of WrestleMania. 

Jesus christ I don't even know what to say especially on here, but after that main event on night 1 I was absolutely certain Cody was walking out with the belt night 2.

The match was phenomenal and really did tell a great story until that finish and I was legit sat there so upset and genuinely angry about how they could have ever thought that was the way to go.

After sami losing at elimination chamber in his home town everyone in the world was thinking the same. 

I know the thought of him getting to 1000 days is something however they made something so spectacular and genuine emotionally driven I just can't believe they dropped the ball that fucking hard.

In my opinion night 1 was spectacular but night 2 was really hit and miss and not close to the night previous.