Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

I've stayed up to watch a live event once, which was Wrestlemania 17.

Thought after that never again, I can sort of understand why folk do it for a PPV but it's much more enjoyable the evening after with some snacks at a normal time in my opinion, pretty easy to stay away from spoilers too if that's what is concerning you.

Staying up for live Raw's though is just absolute madness that i will never understand.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

I had a passing thought. It turns out a few other people agreed...

Screenshot_15.png

The weird part of Edge being "Brood Edge" was that it was presented as a more, dangerous violent version of Edge, when in reality "Brood Edge" was a jobber who probably didn't win more than five singles matches. And the Brood run was what December 98 to maybe April or May 99? It was hardly a legendary run.

Edited by LaGoosh

The sun set long ago on me watching the shows live, too. Getting me back to that point would require ukffchat and my twenties appetite for drinking 10 cans of Polish lager in one go to all come back with a bang. 

Even funnier I read on Twitter various times over the weekend that they agreed a deal with AEW so Christian could appear a long side Edge and Gangrel for the match, all it ended up being though was a tiny picture of the trio on the back of Edge’s entrance gear.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

This weeks episode of Raw is the 3rd LOWEST RATED SHOW EVER on Cagematch.net

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&view=statistics&page=2

Only Heroes of Wrestling and a 2010 nXt with 0 matches are lower.

I get the sentiment and it wasn't anything to write home about, but I don't think it was anywhere near in the top one, two three, top five or even top ten of the worst Raws I've ever seen. There's been some utter, utter dross over the years. Had Cody won the previous night and they went with exactly the same running order and format tonight, without any knowledge of Vince's involvement either, it wouldn't be anywhere close. Worst Raw after Wrestlemania potentially, I'll concede that. But it's not THAT atrocious in the grand scheme of things. 

It had Cathy Kelly on this one, for instance. Even saw a bit of her bra. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

I get the sentiment and it wasn't anything to write home about, but I don't think it was anywhere near in the top one, two three, top five or even top ten of the worst Raws I've ever seen. There's been some utter, utter dross over the years. Had Cody won the previous night and they went with exactly the same running order and format tonight, without any knowledge of Vince's involvement either, it wouldn't be anywhere close. Worst Raw after Wrestlemania potentially, I'll concede that. But it's not THAT atrocious in the grand scheme of things. 

It had Cathy Kelly on this one, for instance. Even saw a bit of her bra. 

I’d agree. I mean I thought it was awful, but there must have been much worse Raws. That said, for people to have bothered in to rate it (and it was a fair few people), they must have really hated it. Bet they never suffered through some of those 09/10 raws which were often dull (from my old man memory)

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Going go out in a limb and say Vincent Kennedy McMahon doesn’t care or know about cagematch.net.

He definitely reads or posts on here under an alias though. That I think we can all agree on. I think 99% of the decisions he makes are purely out of spite for us.