Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

• Paid Members

They’ve got high hopes for Theory clearly, sharing screen time with Steve Austin on one Mania and John Cena at another. Assuming Cody wins, I wouldn’t at all be shocked to see Theory end up as one of his challengers, or put in the title picture regardless within the next 12 months.

@simonworden Regarding Cena and lapsed fans, I do wonder if (excusing children who grew up with Cena) most of the fans that were watching during Cena’s rise and prime were in fact mostly the kind of diehards that never actually become lapsed to begin with! Having said that… a ten year old kid watching in 2003 when Cena first started knocking on the main event door or 2005 when he first won the WWE title would be 27-31 years old today. Christ.

Edited by air_raid

19 minutes ago, air_raid said:

They’ve got high hopes for Theory clearly, sharing screen time with Steve Austin on one Mania and John Cena at another. Assuming Cody wins, I wouldn’t at all be shocked to see Theory end up as one of his challengers, or put in the title picture regardless within the next 12 months.

@simonworden Regarding Cena and lapsed fans, I do wonder if (excusing children who grew up with Cena) most of the fans that were watching during Cena’s rise and prime were in fact mostly the kind of diehards that never actually become lapsed to begin with! Having said that… a ten year old kid watching in 2003 when Cena first started knocking on the main event door or 2005 when he first won the WWE title would be 27-31 years old today. Christ.

Exactly we're all getting on a bit and I reckon there's a fair few 27-31 year olds who might have pissed about in the playground playing Cena Vs Edge or what have you that might say "hey want to watch Mania, Cenas wrestling?"

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

Exactly we're all getting on a bit and I reckon there's a fair few 27-31 year olds who might have pissed about in the playground playing Cena Vs Edge or what have you that might say "hey want to watch Mania, Cenas wrestling?"

Our school had to ban wrestling in early 90s as a few too many were getting slight bumps. My best mate Chris had a nasty (and innovative, for the time) gutwrench piledriver. I was partial to an inverted atomic drop where I'd splay their legs as wide as possible and make sure their balls came down on my knee. In secondary school when Bob Backlund was at the height of his heel run, I was partial to hiding round corners and when my mates passed, running up and slapping them in the chicken wing.

Looking back, I'm not sure why I had friends.

But fuck it, if its time to reminisce, my best Mania memory was far more recent ;

On 8/16/2018 at 9:03 AM, air_raid said:

Fish n chips n curry sauce.

HOWEVER for Mania last year I was staying at a mate's and I find the chippy there both excellent in regards to all items and sundries and reasonably priced and we went straight from work so I smashed cod/chips with curry sauce (the milder of the two varieties they sell) AND a sausage.... and an auxiliary tray of donner meat drowned in garlic mayo.

I regret nothing.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, air_raid said:

OK. The Mania 17 chippy tea I mentioned.

FB_IMG_1534438905351.jpg

12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

any decent previews knocking about? i've not seen anything in months and could do with a bit of background going in.

That should keep ya busy for now, WWE have been uploading preview videos for some matches and will probably continue to do so until tomorrow, these are what I could find so far.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Jey Uso letting it slip that they're in the main event of Night One? Funny, if true.

If that is true and the case then thank God sanity prevailed in the end and they realized that it had to be the main event and anything else would get shat on completely by the crowd.

I just don't understand this company and management sometimes, they actually do something so incredibly well that the fans and entire world are so invested and emotionally there and they don't seem to embrace and do what is right and makes sense