Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

21 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I just don't understand this company and management sometimes, they actually do something so incredibly well that the fans and entire world are so invested and emotionally there and they don't seem to embrace and do what is right and makes sense 

If you're talking about the Bloodline/Sami story, then that's just not true is it?

Pretty much every single step in the story has been spot on, or "right" and has absolutely made sense.

Minor HOF angle/spoiler in tags in case anyone wants to watch the full thing:

Spoiler

So happy they actually done an angle here instead of just putting it on hold for the whole real emotions thing. The HOF has been mostly turgid for years now anyway. YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT DOM!

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Minor HOF angle/spoiler in tags in case anyone wants to watch the full thing:

Hide contents

So happy they actually done an angle here instead of just putting it on hold for the whole real emotions thing. The HOF has been mostly turgid for years now anyway. YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT DOM!

Spoiler

Rhea's dress to go in the HOF next year 😳

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Couldn't find a Hall of Fame thread but just wanted to pop in somewhere that Konnan was bloody great inducting Rey-Rey. Worth a watch, in my opinion :)

It was fantastic. I had to skip some of Flair's ramblings out of second hand embarrassment but Konnan knocked it out of the park with his speech. 

27 minutes ago, JLM said:

It was fantastic. I had to skip some of Flair's ramblings out of second hand embarrassment but Konnan knocked it out of the park with his speech. 

As usual, Flair had to make it about him. Running down the list of Japanese wrestlers he’s faced was just putting himself over, nothing to do with Muta. When he said he hoped to induct Jumbo Tsuruta, I muttered to myself “not a chance after this”. I’ve been the biggest Flair mark out there but this was painful.

Agree re Konnan though, smashed it!

• Paid Members

Muta, Japanese. Japan, eh? Wonderful isn't it, jumpers for ringposts, fabulous wasn't it. Japanese boys in the park, young lions, streamers for ringposts, enduring image isn't it. 

6 minutes ago, JLM said:

Muta, Japanese. Japan, eh? Wonderful isn't it, jumpers for ringposts, fabulous wasn't it. Japanese boys in the park, young lions, streamers for ringposts, enduring image isn't it. 

This has had me laughing for a good few minutes, well done. STEAAAAMY WINDOOOOOWS.

Anyway, I've decided to stay up as I've found a pot noodle in the cupboard and I managed to get to Sainsbury's before it closed for more crisps and sweets.

The V60 slow coffee dripper is ready. I think I can do this!!!

• Paid Members

Watched as a lapsed fan who didn't have a scooby what was going on but absolutely loved the Wrestlemania theme song being that tune from the dancing mini game in GTA San Andreas. That brought all the nostalgia and so for me the show was a success. Hey, hey, hey. 

• Paid Members

Brilliant, brilliant show. Just a great time from start to finish. In terms of consistency? You'd have to go back years to find a Wrestlemania that kept delivering all night long like this one did. Even better than last year's Night 1. One of the very best. Felt like a kid.

US Title match was everything it needed to be. Nice, fun opener. There's a real nostalgia whenever we get Cena back nowadays. Enjoy him whenever he comes around because you never know when it'll be the last time. This was him playing his Greatest Hits. Being a top bloke with the Make-A-Wish kids. Doing his funny, old man run down the ramp like he's shat himself. Daft hair. Weak-as-piss STF. Shouting spots at the top of his lungs.  Brilliant. Never change, John. Come back soon.

In terms of one of those, "bonus," matches that only exists to get a bunch of people a pay day, that Showcase match might be the best in Wrestlemania history. A crazy, wild spot fest. Great fun. Everyone looked phenomenal. They'll talk about this match in the eventual Montez Ford documentaries in ten years time, when he's a multi-time World Champion.

Seth Rollins vs. Logan Paul was an absolute blast. Logan Paul is the celebrity Kurt Angle for how he's taken to this business. His streak of belters continues. That spot where he accidentally splashed KSI on the announce table was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in wrestling. I'm chuckling now just thinking about it again. Peak pro-wrestling daftness. Everything WWE does best. Great finish, too. I don't even particular rate Seth much, but this was fantastic. I suspect Seth called the Go to Sleep spot. Top trolling.

Six Woman Tag was probably the low point of the show. Lita was always a bit shit, and I know she's pushing fifty, but fucking hell. She looked terrible here. Poetry in Slow Motion. Assuming they rehearsed this match, I can't believe nobody stepped in and argued Lita was being featured far too much. All the credit in the world to Io, Becky and Dakota, who put a shift in keeping this together. It came dangerously close to coming off the rails at least once or twice. Fair play to Lita for getting money out of this company considering how badly they once treated her, but man. Pack it in.

Jailhouse Dom and his Dad having back-to-back some of the best Wrestlemania entrances of all time. You love to see it. Great sport entertainment match, too. Dumb fun, with the perfect finish. I don't know how long Rey has left in his career but it sure would be tempting to call it a day here. This was perfect. He's easily one of the greatest of all time. Extra points for the absurd hilarity of a Father and Son battling it out, sponsored by some cereal. Pro-wrestling, ladies and gentleman. It's the best.

In the weeks leading up to the show it was obvious they'd be mad to put Charlotte and Rhea in the main event. Sami and the Bloodline storyline deserved it a thousand times more, Charlotte has looked completely washed for years now and the heel vs. heel dynamic was a complete mess. However, it turns out there was an even better reason not to put them on last, which was because it made them go full Batista-vs-the-Undertaker-at-Wrestlemania-23, where they ended up putting on an absolute ripper out of spite. Holy shit, this was incredible! Talk about proving a point! I still maintain Charlotte is mostly rubbish, but when she turns it on and she and her opponent decide to knock shit out of each other and drop each other on their heads? Top tier stuff. This ended up being one of the best women's matches in WWE history. Rhea looked like the biggest star in the business. Imagine the inevitable match with Bianca. Feels humongous now.

And then the main event, as with everything Sami Zayn has done in the past year or so, was a fucking masterpiece. Some incredible selling in the middle, I genuinely worried Sami was legitimately hurt and the match was falling apart, but never fear because THE LADS are here to deliver the perfect crescendo to the best storyline they've ever done. I was filling up at the end. Fucking get in, Sami! You did it! Yes! YES! I'm absolutely buzzing. And to think, this is only the start and Roman Reigns is going to finally eat shit tomorrow! I cannot fucking wait.

Edited by Supremo