Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

35 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Bray Wyatt against anybody sounds bad and always is bad.Ā 

But what would you rather seeĀ  if youĀ  were strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange style.... Omos vs Lesnar or Wyatt vs Lesnar.

Admittedly I do like the idea that they wheel out Lesnar once a year to despatch some random "monster of the year" villain.Ā 

Trish getting on the card would be good, there's a legend right there.Ā 

I assume we'll get Edge v Balor one last time.Ā 

I'd be shocked if we get anything other than Lesnar v Lashley, despite what Bray's up to.Ā  Ā Ā 

It might lack star power and a huge draw but I reckon this will be the Mania best card from top to bottom in a long time.Ā 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

But what would you rather seeĀ  if youĀ  were strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange style.... Omos vs Lesnar or Wyatt vs Lesnar.

I would rather viddy neither.

There's a part of me that thinks Bray/WWE have clocked he's a shithead with zero ability to bring together the various (sometimes interesting) brainfarts he spits into the ether. That promo on Smackdown last week where just went "erm, now i've got control of my personalities i'd like a match please..." was - I hope - them taking a step back from the stupidity.

16 hours ago, gmoney said:

Sami Zahn and Kevin Owens vs The Usos

If by Mania he's gone from Undisputed Title contender to working a gimmick as a German tooth, I can't see that going down very well with the crowd.Ā 

• Paid Members

I assume that Bray Wyatt is going to fight Uncle Howdy in some capacity at Wrestlemania, precisely because nobody of any value wants to get bogged down into his self-indulgent spooky bollocks. As funny as it would have been to see Lesnar laughing it all off, if they want Bray to haveĀ anyĀ credibility, that's not a match they should be booking.

I'm here for Lesnar vs. Omos. There's always a space in wrestling for big lads doing big lad things.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Ā 

There's always a space in wrestling for big lads doing big lad things.

Someone on here once suggested that Ryback vs Mark Henry at Wrestlemania 29 should've taken place over a model city of New York with them knocking buildings down like Godzilla vs King Kong, and I'm still gutted this never happened.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Ryback vs Mark Henry at Wrestlemania 29

I STILL don't get why Ryback doing a successful Shellshock on Henry for a "WrestleMania moment" and winning that match to get him momentum for a run against Cena was not in fact they way they went, as opposed to the actual finish/result which looked clumsy and was really deflating. Not quite the coupon-buster of Orton losing to Kane the year before, but still.

I have to admit something in this circle of accountability - I actually really like the Mighty Boosh Uncle Howdy stuff. Ā In my heart I'm still the kid who thought Kane was cool when he turned up in a mask. Ā There's always a place for some masked man nonsense, and for a bit of smoke and pyro, and Uncle Howdy's theme is good. Ā So if the idea is for them to be the new Brothers Of Destruction then I want to see that at Wrestlemania. Ā 

Boosh Brothers v Hurt Locker
Lesnar v Omos

Two "spectacle" matches in between all the serious wrestling stuff.

If they make Lesnar v Omos a falls count anywhere match so they can destroy the set then I'm all in.

Could see Zayn/Owens v Usos being a TLC match.

And while we're on gimmicks why not have Mysterio v Mysterio be mask v mullet?

That's your Wrestlemania moments all sorted right there.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, s279 said:

And while we're on gimmicks why not have Mysterio v Mysterio be mask v mullet?

Yeah, I was thinking they might add that gimmick to it, makes additional sense after Dominik nicked his mask at the Rumble.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, I was thinking they might add that gimmick to it, makes additional sense after Dominik nicked his mask at the Rumble.

I think it was at the Rumble that Michael Cole mentioned that Dominik felt disrespected that Rey didn't think he was good enough to inherit his mask. I don't remember that being brought up before, and made me think that it would play into a Wrestlemania match, so I wonder if it's almost the opposite of a mask match, with DominikĀ earningĀ a mask by beating Rey. He could still win and reject it, stomping on the mask in front of his dad for bonus shithouse points, if they don't want him wrestling under a mask anyway.