Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But what we really need is a cinematic match where they fight in a jail.

This would draw unflattering comparisons to The Mountie going to jail though. Which nothing in company history will ever eclipse.

• Paid Members

I think I said it in the Rumble thread, but I'm of the opinion that anything involving Rey/Dom at Mania needs to be a Jailhouse Match, and they need to rip off the Mountie skits, with Ex-Con Dom freaking out over being booked into a not that intimidating local jail for the night.

If anyone can pull it off, it's him. Boy's doing great work right now.

I think we'll see something like the following at Mania..

Night 1

Raw & SD Tag Titles - Uso's vs Owens & Zayn

US Title - Theory vs Cena

Rey vs Dominick

Solo vs Riddle

Lashley vs Bray

Smackdown Women's Title - Charlotte vs Rhea

Night 2

WWE Title - Roman vs Cody

Brock vs Omos

Logan Paul vs Seth Rollins

Raw Women's Title - Bianca vs Asuka

Edge vs Balor

IC Title - Gunther vs Sheamus vs Drew

Women's Tag Titles - Damage Ctrl vs Becky/Lita vs Ronda/Shayna

• Paid Members

Rey v Dominick with the stipulation that if Dom wins Rhea gets to remove Rey's mask in the ring, and if Rey wins Rhea has to cut Dom's hair. Then have Dom act like Art Barr getting his hair cut by Eddie Guerrero at the end of When World's Collide when he loses. 

14 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Rey v Dominick with the stipulation that if Dom wins Rhea gets to remove Rey's mask in the ring, and if Rey wins Rhea has to cut Dom's hair. Then have Dom act like Art Barr getting his hair cut by Eddie Guerrero at the end of When World's Collide when he loses. 

I can see them actually having Rey loose and mask passes to Dom as a heel living off that name

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I can see them actually having Rey loose and mask passes to Dom as a heel living off that name

They sell a lot of Mysterio masks, it seems unlikely they would burn that merch money, and Rey looks about 20 years younger than Dominick without his mask on. It must be a tough paper round in the 619 area code. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I wonder if there's a danger that if you book Zayn on night one fans will end up fantasy booking him into the main on night 2. 

That's already happened on here so you're not wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

They try and get everyone on the card so that they all get the WrestleMania payday I believe. Been that way since WrestleMania 19 or 20 I think? Wrestlers complained about not getting on the card 

They'll just chuck a battle royal on there and some multi tags or something. 

I don't mind it to be honest. Feels right to have a battle royal on your biggest card of the year. 

• Paid Members

FWIW, there was a story/rumour last week that Triple H was in favour of not shoehorning everyone onto the card just for the sake of it.

The battle royal got bumped to "Wrestlemania Smackdown" on the Friday night last year (possibly the year before too?) I assume they just coughed up a bonus for everyone anyway.

The card for this is shaping up to be really, really strong. Lots of matches I’m excited to see and even the crap or stupid ones will have their threads of intrigue. For instance, I’m not fussed about seeing Edge vs. Balor, but it does at least have a proper backstory to it. Other than the terrible Wyattverse, this year’s show feels like it’s earning its two night bill.