Wrestlemania 39

gmoney

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

I loved the show and the match but I can’t agree on this at all. She wasn’t happy for Rhea, she was doing her classic “oh look you got me” act after a loss to make herself look better when it just wasn’t that type of lucky win she wanted it to look. It was the act of an egomaniac who can’t take losing in pre-determined outcomes.

She's the greatest, sorry.

Cody’s got to work extra hard to get his moment tonight thanks to Angelo Dawkins putting Strowman on his arse. If he’d done that in Rugby League he’d have a 4 match ban right now, but it was an amazing hit none the less. Honourable mention to Gable hitting the big lump with the Chaos Theory too.

Could’ve done without seeing Otis’ moist crack though

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Posting this without reading any Twitter comments or replies in here for the moment - 

Theory/Cena
Great opener. Fair play to them for actually putting Theory over too - nothing wrong with winning via nefarious means. Best moment - Cena looking genuinely humbled and appreciative when he stuck his hand up for the ‘You can’t see me’ and the crowd went bezerk for it. Theory may not get much credit for this but he was a great shithouse throughout here. Hopefully we’ve still got a good few Cena matches left - absolute GOAT. Look at how he acts with the Make A Wish kids. He’ll never have the greatest moveset but he’s about so much more than that. His body of work is really exceptional. I’m starting to buy into the fact he might actually be one of - if not the - greatest of all time. 

Raw tag team showcase
Ace. Ridiculous amounts of fun and some mad spots. I could watch this again and again. Street Profits not only fitting winners, but Dawkins getting the actual pin is massive as well - he’s constantly overlooked because of how good Ford is, but he’s an excellent performer in his own right. They have TWO future singles stars the Street Profits, not just one. All four teams had brilliant moments - which I guess is the whole point of a showcase - yet they all executed flawlessly. Fun, fun, fun. Even with Otis and his sweaty bum crack. 

Logan Paul vs Seth Rollins
Phenomenal. Love all of Logan Paul’s silly bollocks with the zip line, KSI’s cameo, all of it. He’s absolutely fantastic - a natural at this in every single way. Rollins was fantastic too - brilliant show put on by both. Again, Rollins goes over and it makes total sense as he’s going to be around more than LP. Rollins/Cody over the summer for the belts perhaps? 

6-woman tag
Tough spot on the card coming after three hot openers but thought this was great - Lita looked tired but worked her socks off. Trish still looks the part. Becky and Damage Control did the bulk of the leg work and did a great job. Another fun match. 

Rey vs Dom
Again, loads of fun. Cole on commentary absolutely battering Dom is always a delight. All the entrance bits, all the interference bits, the wrestling bits, all of it was great. Rey had to win - Dom’s been ruining his life for months. Still some mileage in this - re-run it at Backlash and give Dom the W. Dom’s really come of age in the feud but again, the resurgence of Rey as one of WWE’s premier performers is lovely to see. 

SD Women’s title
Started slow and built to a brilliant crescendo. Absolutely gripping. Nasty looking bump on the release German - apart from that, absolutely superb outing. Give Charlotte her flowers too - phenomenal performance. Great moment for Rhea. Another brilliant piece of booking.

Pat McAfee vs Miz
Celebrity silly bollocks but still good fun. Snoop’s talky-bit before the match started was hilarious. Short but sweet. The Cole/Corey dynamic on commentary was great too. 

Tag titles
Incredible drama from start to finish - what a fucking barnstormer this was. A great climax to an excellent show and part one of the end of this stretch of the Bloodline story. Fuck me what a match. At the start I wasn’t sure if it would live up to the hype - it totally surpassed my expectations. What a crowd, what a match. My suspension of disbelief was totally gone and I couldn't call the winner as it heated up. The noise at the end gave me goosebumps. Fuck me what a match.

Immediate thought after watching it: Best Wrestlemania/Part of Wrestlemania bell-to-hell since 17. If Night 2 goes this well, it’s one of WWE’s best ever shows in terms of quality, entertainment, the lot. Love the World Cup style fan-reactions they cut to from around the world. 

That was fucking great. Wrestling’s good isn’t it? Triple H is the man. 

• Paid Members

Thoroughly enjoyable viewing. I tend to mostly ffwd through shows these days but the pacing and overall quality of this made me take it all in. It felt like a really complete package of a wrestling show where everything came off great and you ended up feeling satisfied. 

Hopefully tonight is more of the same. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Considering the top class robes she normally wears, how the fuck did she end up walking out in Arsène Wenger’s coat?!

2C97FF0B-362C-48D4-9DE6-4CC86DE93B60.thumb.jpeg.363f1362c748e2b570eb8705c715a984.jpeg

I thought all black gear for a match against a goth was an odd choice too.

One other major misstep on the night IMO:

Imagine having Cathy Kelley backstage looking like this and giving the one backstage interview on the actual show to Byron.

I've just had another look at tonight's card and (slight nitpick) think they should've pulled a couple of the lighter moments from last night to this one.

There are a LOT of matches with the potential to bore the audience to tears (looking at you Balor and Edge) and I dunno if it will be anywhere near as good as last night. 

Rewatched Paul vs Rollins with my 10yo.

She marked big time for the big bottle of Prime, even bigger for KSI and then absolutely lost her shit at the table spot.

That's the target audience isn't it, and it worked big time. 

• Paid Members

Happy Roman’s Downfall Day to all who celebrate it. My soul is feeling particularly full of adrenaline today.

Call me a cynic, but I don’t think a match featuring Shotzi, Ronda, Natalya and Chelsea Green is going to live up to last night’s Showcase.

Crazy to think in such a short career Rhea Ripley has already won all the major Women’s Titles. Better yet, nice to see her join the BLACK GOO CREW.

DCF488DC-C598-43B6-8BD9-7DEAB617AB82.jpeg.2a16ff444e05ab2d5503c4b803909c8d.jpeg

6C835507-59A4-46E2-930F-8A559F59DAED.thumb.jpeg.f6ed4f84d21d0120291d6a3907d73963.jpeg

57A77C4C-DC39-4856-B1F4-EF2F36961F81.jpeg.c2ee8bd9475436af5b7ecc76ca664248.jpeg

Just got done watching it, purposely avoiding all social media to not spoil anything. What a fucking show, the 4 hour runtime absolutely flew over and every match delivered entertainment wise, capped off by our boys Kev and Sami ending the Usos reign 

Night two has a lot to follow but hopefully by the morning we are all celebrating Cody’s coronation as world champion

Just now, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Night two has a lot to follow but hopefully by the morning we are all celebrating Cody’s coronation as world champion

And thinking of Gmoney in attendance, he stuck with Cody through it all!

• Paid Members

I've been totally checked out of WWE for a while. Every now and again I dip my toe in for a big show. The same issues are there for me and perhaps in even more abundance than they were when I tapped out of regular viewing. I can't have the production, commentary, ridiculously over the top ring announcing (the current woman is as bad as I've ever heard), the big CGI graphics, The Miz, Pat McAfee, and the six thousand adverts during the show. The set and stadium without the graphics looked incredible. That part of the production they are still grade A at. 

I watched about half of the show, picking at the bits that held a bit of interest. Cena Vs Theory was as bog standard as it gets, thought this was very average, despite Cena being a top man. His make a wish bit at the start was really nice. Theory just doesn't have it. 

The four way tag match was mental. Greatly overperformed expectations. Chad Gable with the Chaos Theory was deadly. Well played to both men there. This was a lot of fun I thought. 

Rey and Don was a revelation. The video package brought me up to speed. Jailbird Dom caught lightning in a bottle because it breathed life right into his career. Everything about this was top stuff. The entrances were top stuff and Rey is an all time great that was going to do whatever he could to make this work. Favourite match of those that I watched. 

The main event was an incredible feel good moment and all four managed a very good match as expected. I'd say it was a little too long maybe but overall it was a really good main event and a great culmination for Zayn and Owens and their feud with the Bloodline. It felt big time because it was big time. 

I absolutely had no interest in watching two bellends like Seth Rollins and Logan Paul, even though athletically both are great. They're both change the channel material for me. 

Glad so many of you enjoyed the show so much, it's a fantastic feeling having such a ball watching a big card like this, especially one that you've stayed up all night to see. Those of you that were over there sounds like you all got your money's worth and had a great time.  

Edited by WeeAl

13 hours ago, Supremo said:

CM Punk’s out there shouting and screaming as he loudly scoffs his muffins, trying to destroy the company. Whereas Kevin Owens, a real gentleman, is sneakily eating a Snickers, trying not to bother anyone. The side eye as he tears the wrapper is hilarious. A top, top man. This is why he gets Wrestlemania main events and you don’t, Phil.

People are saying it was 3.

I'm just going to assume this is a recurrence of Triple H's booking style and it's a set up for Alpha Academy getting a title shot on Raw.