Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

By the sounds of what I've read about the ROH show last night it sounds like he's just going to use it to try and get more eyes on AEW. It is very early days yet, so I'm more than happy to be wrong if it turns out to not be the case. Hopefully it's the opposite way round and he's going to use the next few episodes of Dynamite & Rampage to get eyes on RoH instead, but if it all bleeds together into one big mess I can see there being disappointed fans down the road. 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

By the sounds of what I've read about the ROH show last night it sounds like he's just going to use it to try and get more eyes on AEW. It is very early days yet, so I'm more than happy to be wrong if it turns out to not be the case. Hopefully it's the opposite way round and he's going to use the next few episodes of Dynamite & Rampage to get eyes on RoH instead, but if it all bleeds together into one big mess I can see there being disappointed fans down the road. 

ROH don't have TV or any further shows booked just now. Even if they did there would be a bit of crossover. The use of ROH titles or champions on AEW TV is going to be no different than their use of AAA titles for instance. Just some extra window dressing.

All the signs of what Ring of Honor is going to be going forward is a developmental/super indy. Who were Tully Blanchard's new clients? Cesaro? Samoa Joe? Nope, two Dark guys and Brian Cage trying to get the stink off him. I don't see Tully Blanchard Enterprises taking up significant AEW TV time if at all. It's all looking like your basic indy with a budget for big name imports.

If he's purchased ROH for the rumoured price just to try and get a few more eyes on AEW he's a shite businessman. 

Admittedly I think he's just bought it for the sake of buying it but still.

Edit: Aren't the Briscoes Confederate flag loving, gay bashing, right wing racists? Actually, maybe you're right, maybe they so belong in the bigger leagues. 

Edited by Vamp

15 minutes ago, Vamp said:

bashing, right wing racists? Actually, maybe you're right, maybe they so belong in the bigger leagues. 

Indeed. However if they really want to be big league they’ll need to add sexual assault to the CV. Little Tone seems to prefer that. 

I don’t know much about the Briscos, ROH was never my thing. But if they are genuine in their apologies for prior behaviours and beliefs, and have grown as people then you need those kinds people highlighted so that others stuck in their old ways see that change is possible and can question why they think like they do. 

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

AEW refusing to hire them because of objectionable views and them turning up on the first Tony Khan era ROH show is terrific work even by wrestling standards.

Wasn't it WarnerMedia who didn't want them on their networks? I guess TK is a big fan.