Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

As saig great tape library to own if am AEW streaming platform is enroute. Also if the video games take off having ROH stuff licensed in the game would be a big selling point. Who wouldn't want to play as Quiet Storm or the Ring Crew Express? 

Hopefully he keeps it going. I would imagine it could easily become an AEW developmental of some kind and a great place to shove some of the underused talent or those being cycled out.

• Paid Members

I may have taken the piss with this announcement thing, but fair fucks to Tony Khan. The man is an early 2000's kid just doing whatever he wants like a real life version of Big. The man created a successful company from nothing, talked CM Punk into returning and now has dropped millions on buying Ring of Honour, I'm just a 33 year old Father of two struggling to pay his gas bill while spending time on a wrestling forum, who is the real winner?

Wonder how many times HHH tried and failed to talk Vince into buying ROH?

Where does this leave ROH now? Will they still operate as a separate entity?

Edited by Nick James

It's weirdly ingenious. Kahn was the best man to buy it. Simply because a man with way too much talent under contract goes on to buy a established brand with no talent. 

The next ROH show will be incredible. Use a few AEW with links to ROH, contract a few of the more established current ROH talent, and then fill it with the underused talent.

I just hope he gets other people to run it and dosent so any fueding bollocks. Keep it civil between the brands. 

Anyway... Whose up for CM Punk vs Samoa Joe in ROH?

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

Prior to the announcement he did say it would be a good thing for wrestlers and fans. I can only imagine they'll keep things going. What that will look like in terms of a live event schedule I have no idea.

I wonder if as part of the deal he still has to provide Sinclair with content for their stations?

A few months back RoH was pretty much dead. So can't really complain if they keep things going as a AEW's NXT. Just not something i'm all that hyped about. It's a bit like WWECW it's not going to be the same.

EDIT: Only in the middle of Daniels v. Danielson at the moment and there's the subtle rewriting of history as I've not heard a single mention of Low Ki :)

Edited by Infinity Land

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

Who wouldn't want to play as Quiet Storm or the Ring Crew Express?

Imagine the CAW that people would have with authentic early ROH roster programmed in. Everyone would have the same, no doubt.

front special : Ki Krusher

back special : Storm Cradle Driver

turnbuckle double team : Spanish Fly

Or if it was like No Mercy you’d just fuck about with the existing assets. Give Low Ki and Joe the Special K entrance etc.

• Paid Members

What a mad world pro-wrestling is that some bloke tweeting Meltzer to ask if ROH could ever do a 10,000 seat arena sets in motion a series of events where ROH helps produce All In, which then creates AEW, who then buy ROH. It's enough to make Austin Aries' empty head spin.

• Paid Members

This is an interesting move. There's clear benefits for AEW here. The AEW roster is very bloated with a lot of good talent in the lower card who aren't getting the TV time they need and would really benefit from a stint in ROH where they can be featured and developed for six months or so before being brought back to AEW for a big push. Take the top end Dark crew, a portion of the main roster guys with nothing going on and add some good indie guys to the mix and that's actually a decent little promotion. Guys like Dante Martin in particular should be excited about the opportunity to really up their game.

Also....HOOK for ROH CHAMPION.

• Paid Members
Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Haven't WWE used some ROH stuff on documentaries and compilation DVDs? Would this affect that in any way?

They certainly did, at the very least of Punk in ROH on his set. There was an on screen declaration of “courtesy of ROH” so there was a deal or at least agreement for the usage there and then as opposed to WWE owning rights in perpetuity.