Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Kahn

Animated GIF

3 hours ago, Nick James said:

The man created a successful company from nothing, 

He did indeed. It goes to show that anyone can succeed with the right work ethic, business acumen and billionaires for parents. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Haven’t seen him for a while.

Have they sacked him off for Punk instead?

He was off on tour in Australia. They kept him around on BTE through voice overs and i'm pretty sure he came back last week when he made an appearance with Dark Order?

Certainly seems to be still part of things.

Considering the deep dive on some of those names, it's just a really weird oversight...unless #conspiracy.

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Next time tape that announcement. Tony Khan and a live mic do not go well. He’s terrible at it. 

He’s such a nerd, but as a fellow nerd, I want to see him succeed so he gets a pass from me. Definitely helped having the most sympathetic crowd imaginable.  

13 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

I wonder how this will effect Impact as well seeing as how Deonna Purrazzo is the current ROH women’s champion and they’re currently running with a heel stable comprised of the OGK, PCO, Vincent, Kenny King and Eddie Edwards

Ordinarily I’d say “it’s Impact, who cares”, then remembered that AEW actually did quite a bit for them last year. I’m sure they’ll work something out

I don't think there will be a problem. AEW has been working with multiple companies without any ruffled feathers. Also most of the Honor No More stable are free agents or signed to Impact deals.

Depending on who RoH plays out under Tony Khan it might be more of a longer term issue. If i'm restarting RoH i'd be looking to sign Josh Alexander for example. Plus it might squeeze on the dates used for iPPVs. There's already been some overlap been AEW and Impact shows, and AEW barely run weekends.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

I don't think there will be a problem. AEW has been working with multiple companies without any ruffled feathers. Also most of the Honor No More stable are free agents or signed to Impact deals.

Depending on who RoH plays out under Tony Khan it might be more of a longer term issue. If i'm restarting RoH i'd be looking to sign Josh Alexander for example. Plus it might squeeze on the dates used for iPPVs. There's already been some overlap been AEW and Impact shows, and AEW barely run weekends.

The statement is suspiciously vague on the idea of running new shows, outside of what is already scheduled. "Having the potential to produce new content under the ROH banner" wouldn't fill me with hope if I were an ROH fan. Perhaps they'll provide further clarity in the coming days. 

I'd be interested to know if content will still be produced for Sinclair or if that's being sacked off with the sale? I was thinking having ROH as a second company allows them to also run pseudo AEW house shows using a few AEW guys on each one. If it's working they can switch/up the AEW branding but if it's not then ROH looks second rate with shit crowds in tiny venues. Then the shiny AEW brand is protected. 

Basically use ROH as a condom to stop the AEW brand getting wrestling aids like the TNA brand caught. 

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The statement is suspiciously vague on the idea of running new shows, outside of what is already scheduled. "Having the potential to produce new content under the ROH banner" wouldn't fill me with hope if I were an ROH fan. Perhaps they'll provide further clarity in the coming days. 

I don't think this gets hyped as a big deal if it's a case of "We bought content". This was being sold as something that would be important for fans and wrestlers. They've certainly got the talent and production staff to do monthly tapings and a PPV calibre type show every so often at the very least.