Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Has Regal ever booked anything?

What I would imagine RoH becoming is another NJPW Strong or MLW type promotion that basically books matches people want to see, and then has a production team that can carve that up into weekly content. Building to a bigger PPV event every 2/3 months.

I think it's fair to say Regal has an eye for talent on the indie scene and has a good relationship with a lot of talent on the AEW roster he would be able to book on occasion. After that it wouldn't be the hardest thing to pair people up for matches.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

While it was a bit random. Not entirely sure it counts. Not sure on their contract status, and they've had ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods making appearances on Dark. Maybe some others that i'm not aware of as not the most regular Dark viewer.

People are already speculating on Cody. Some like the idea he's going there to be the booker. Certainly if they are an ongoing promotion they'll need someone. I'm just not convinced this has been a planned thing. I'm maybe biased preferring Regal in that role.

I was basing it more on the fact it was the first since the announcement but I know there have been other talent as well before then.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’s amazing how in the space of a couple of days people have gone from “It’ll be a non-announcement like TNA used to do” to being complete experts on Tony Khan’s plans and next moves.

Following some of the previous non announcements, such as the "game changing" Christian Cage, I can't blame people for being dismissive initially, I was one of them, but am happy to stand corrected in light of this one. 

I don’t really get the full hate for the Christian announcement. He’d been out for years, came back at the Rumble and instead of taking the easy part time WWE deal, he went to aew and brought a good level of work and recognition with him. That was a game changing choice for that level of veteran to make as most to the wwe money. Then shock horror a promotor promoted it. It’s no where close to former wwe (tag) champion al snow hype.