Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

30 minutes ago, Nick James said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Quite interesting that the lower down the pecking order you fall, the further away from communication you get.

The lower down the order you go, the further away from storyline booking. Which will explain to a degree the lack of communication.

A lot of the news about people not knowing what's happening came out a couple of months before their contracts were actually up. Reminds me of doing agency work and coming to the end of my contract wondering if it'll get extended or not. Half the time nobody knows, and those you talk to about it are lower/middle management that don't make the final decisions.  Ultimately you're a stat on the balance sheet and don't realise you'd like as much notice as possible to plan ahead.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Infinity Land said:

The lower down the order you go, the further away from storyline booking. Which will explain to a degree the lack of communication.

A lot of the news about people not knowing what's happening came out a couple of months before their contracts were actually up. Reminds me of doing agency work and coming to the end of my contract wondering if it'll get extended or not. Half the time nobody knows, and those you talk to about it are lower/middle management that don't make the final decisions.  Ultimately you're a stat on the balance sheet and don't realise you'd like as much notice as possible to plan ahead.

Whether they are the lowest rung on the card, doesn't mean they don't deserve communication about their job. This is something that would be lambasted if WWE did it (which they probably do), but it doesn't make it right. 

23 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Whether they are the lowest rung on the card, doesn't mean they don't deserve communication about their job. This is something that would be lambasted if WWE did it (which they probably do), but it doesn't make it right. 

It’s difficult, because the further down the pecking order you get I imagine the more paranoid you get, and the more communication you want.

Poor employee communication is never great, but similarly if these people are sending daily e-mails asking if they’re going to get fired, that’s on them.

There’s surely no reason for there not to be a structure in place that gives everyone a point of contact. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Khan himself, but it seems pretty negligent not to have some sort of process. I really hope that, at the very least, a system exists that ensures that abuses of power/status, sexual harassment and mental health matters don’t go undetected.

Edited by RedRooster
I used the phrase ‘system in place’ quite a lot…

42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I really hope that, at the very least, a system exists that ensures that abuses of power/status, sexual harassment and mental health matters don’t go undetected.

There is, it’s called showing your DMs. 

50 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

There’s surely no reason for there not to be a structure in place that gives everyone a point of contact. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Khan himself, but it seems pretty negligent not to have some sort of process. I really hope that, at the very least, a system exists that ensures that abuses of power/status, sexual harassment and mental health matters don’t go undetected.

They do have something in place. Just everything gets centred on a talent's relationship with Tony Khan.

5 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Enlighten us, oh great one.

It's pretty commonly known that Christopher Daniels is head of talent relations. He's been referenced as such by plenty of people within AEW and outwith. To be the head of something it usually means there's a staff below them.

Then there's all the people that have quietly renewed contracts. People that transitioned from full time to PPA like Peter Avalon. As well as the likes of Stu Grayson and Alan Angels most recently that were offered new terms but turned them down.

I don't think TK's using his latest buzz chasing down the rank and file across multiple time zones and countries.

I mean yeah people would be all over WWE for this, but you can't suddenly run with a few Fightful reports either as proof positive there's communication issues with lower down talent in AEW, surely? 

19 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I mean yeah people would be all over WWE for this, but you can't suddenly run with a few Fightful reports either as proof positive there's communication issues with lower down talent in AEW, surely? 

Or.. We are used to how WWE operate everything an even if AEW is dogshit with folk, we all still think it's how everything moves and shakes. 

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

It's pretty commonly known that Christopher Daniels is head of talent relations. He's been referenced as such by plenty of people within AEW and outwith. To be the head of something it usually means there's a staff below them.

That doesn’t mean they have an effective structure in place, and the fact multiple wrestlers have complained about communication suggests that something isn’t right. 

• Paid Members

I’m always intrigued by what wrestlers think they’re achieving by sulking their way through their final appearance for a company or making their displeasure at a booking decision so obvious. For some, like myself, this’ll be one of their first times seeing Gresham. Watching him walk down to the ring with a miserable Randy Orton face? A pretty rushed, average match, where it felt like he didn’t want to be there? I’ve been left with little to no reason to ever want to see him again. Weird, grumpy, tiny man. Off you fuck.