Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I like Gresham. He has a technical style which I think manages to work because eof his size. He also often avoids falling into the "tiny babyface underdog fights from underneath" trope as well. I wonder whether he'll just focus more on Terminus going forward. 

He's not had the best of luck. Sinclair pull the plug as he was being primed for a run on top. Bandido gets pulled from Final Battle. He was the top indy darling, looked happy enough being the travelling World champ in whatever form ROH took or carrying the legacy for a while if they folded. Only for TK to buy the company and look to keep it active.

Gets convinced to sign on. Would likely have had a successful defense on DBD. As Claudio was due to be a mystery man in a random match, only for Claudio to debut early. Also gets involved in the Tully Blanchard Enterprises gimmick. Which is meant to go somewhere only for Tully to quit (seemingly).

It's been a run of misfortune for him.

• Paid Members

Having now finally caught up on the main event, I can’t believe anyone is even wasting their time talking about Gresham. We all should be talking about Dax Harwood. What a man. It’s the maddest thing ever that he’s turned into the best babyface in the business.

FTR are having the greatest year of any tag team I’ve ever seen. Another belting match with the Briscoes, with probably my favourite finish of the year. Kicking out, are you? I’ll just fucking piledrive you off the top rope, then! Boom! No kicking out of that!

You wonder how the inevitable tie breaker with the Young Bucks could top this. I don’t want them to do it because both Forbidden Door and this show has proven the benefits of shorter pay per views, but I’m starting to think they might do an Iron Man Tag Team match. Iron Men match. Has anyone ever done that before? If anyone could pull it off it’s FTR and The Bucks in their current form.

Edited by Supremo

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Having now finally caught up on the main event, I can’t believe anyone is even wasting their time talking about Gresham. We all should be talking about Dax Harwood. What a man. It’s the maddest thing ever that he’s turned into the best babyface in the business.

FTR are having the greatest year of any tag team I’ve ever seen. Another belting match with the Briscoes, with probably my favourite finish of the year. Kicking out, are you? I’ll just fucking piledrive you off the top rope, then! Boom! No kicking out of that!

You wonder how the inevitable tie breaker with the Young Bucks could top this. I don’t want them to do it because both Forbidden Door and this show has proven the benefits of shorter pay per views, but I’m starting to think they might do an Iron Man Tag Team match. Iron Men match. Has anyone ever done that before? If anyone could pull it off it’s FTR and The Bucks in their current form.

Closest I can think of off the top of my head is a 4 Way match from the early ROH days. Chris Daniels, Doug Williams, Low Ki we’re definitely in it, can’t remember the 4th man though, might have been Brian Kendrick.

Cant think of it ever being done as a Tag Team match, unless it was done on an indie show somewhere.

But yeah, fuck Gresham throwing his toys out, that main event had everything.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Do elimination tag with the bucks in a cage, Cash gets eliminated and it’s left 2 on 1 with Dax selling his heart out. He of course wins. We all cry and drink tequila with our fun Uncle 

Edited by Louch

13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, seems like anything multi-man has gone for 30 mins for an Iron Man match (apart from that recent 4 way NXT one).

Would be great to get a full hour one.

Have The Bucks got enough in their repertoire to go a full hour?

Thats not a dig, I’m genuinely asking as aside from a few New Japan matches I’ve not seen anything of them outside AEW.

• Paid Members

Rockers and Rougeaus did a run of house show "marathon matches" (ie 60 minute Iron Man rules).

Never seen one on film and apparently the people who remember going said the matches were largely stalling and dicking about, though that makes me want to see them even more.

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Have The Bucks got enough in their repertoire to go a full hour?

Thats not a dig, I’m genuinely asking as aside from a few New Japan matches I’ve not seen anything of them outside AEW.

I would think so. Sure it'd be a challenge with their pacing but having guys like FTR on the other side would definitely balance that out. I think between the four of them they could tell a story worthy of an hour.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Rockers and Rougeaus did a run of house show "marathon matches" (ie 60 minute Iron Man rules).

Never seen one on film and apparently the people who remember going said the matches were largely stalling and dicking about, though that makes me want to see them even more.

yeah, Rougeau stooging for sixty minutes sounds as much my jam as wrestling can possibly get.

Read today that Gresham used his pwi500 position as part of his argument with Tony K, and sorry that loses you any argument haha 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

As someone said on twitter, not wearing your octopus mask because you're mad your boss booked you to lose a wrestling match is objectively funny.

If Gresham had been around a while, there'd probably be far more sympathy for him, because people would have more of a sense of him. As it is, he's not blown anyone away and seems to take himself and his octopus mask very seriously. I don't know if any ROH-followers were more excited by him?