Tony Khan Buys ROH

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chunk said:

You really do love that cocaine gag, huh!

To be fair, he's been looking for some time to extend his repertoire to four jokes

20 minutes ago, Chunk said:

If he'd just bought it for the archive footage, would he be bothering to put on new shows?

Having a current product still doing shows, regardless of size or regularity, all adds to the saleability of a streaming service. As I said, any new shows is a bonus to what’s already there. Tony Sniff knows this and has the advantage of adding more carriages to his train set. 

5 hours ago, Chunk said:

On the subject of quality gags that never get old ...

If you came here expecting people to wank off Tony like he wanks off dogs then you're in the wrong place.

But seriously, there will be an element of wrestling being a plaything for Tony. You can see the difference in how he views the sport than any of his other ventures, he's not being a giddy fanboy over any football players. And fair play to him, I can't say I wouldn't play at wrestling if I had his cash.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

But seriously, there will be an element of wrestling being a plaything for Tony. You can see the difference in how he views the sport than any of his other ventures, he's not being a giddy fanboy over any football players. And fair play to him, I can't say I wouldn't play at wrestling if I had his cash.

You clearly know Tony well, so thanks for the insight.

To be honest, I don't really care about Tony Khan. Especially when he's producing great wrestling shows to distract me.

• 4 months later...

ROH in an actual ROH setting for a change. With a friendly start time if anyone wants to watch it live. Zero Hour will be 8pm and the main show 9pm.

1. World Title: Chris Jericho (c) v. Claudio Castagnoli (Claudio joins JAS if he loses)
  2. Pure Title: Daniel Garcia (c) v. Wheeler Yuta
  3. Women's Title: Mercedes Martinez (c) v. Athena
  4. Tag Titles in a Dog Collar Match: FTR (c) v. The Briscoes
  5. TV Title: Samoa Joe (c) v. Juice Robinson
  6. 6-Man Titles: Dalton Castle & The Boys (c) v. The Embassy (Gates of Agony & Brian Cage)
  7. Swerve in Our Glory v. Shane Taylor Promotions
  8. LFI (RUSH and Dralistico) v. Blake Christian & AR Fox
  9. Zero Hour: Jeff Cobb v. Mascara Dorada
  10. Zero Hour: Willow Nightingale v. Trish Adora
  11. Zero Hour: The Kingdom v. Top Flight
  12. Zero Hour: 2point0 v. Shinobi Death Squad

With HonorClub quietly opening up to new subscribers after a little revamp there's speculation of ROH finally getting a weekly show. Should be confirmation in the press conference after the show.

• Paid Members

Shocked Jeff Cobb is making a random appearance on the pre-show. If he was always coming in they should have paired him with Samoa Joe. I’d much rather see those two smash each other up than the Juice Robinson match.

I have no idea why people are clamouring for an ROH TV show. Rampage is already half dead. A third show will suffer even more. Poor Jon Moxley is going to run out of blood trying to save all these shows from cancellation.

They should’ve just done a big Invasion angle, one big show to unify the belts, then called it a day. There’s little to no benefit promoting two separate brands, one infinitely inferior to the other. Say what you want about Vinny Mac but at least he clocked this early on and abandoned the idea of continuing the WCW brand as a separate entity. Tony seems completely oblivious, despite it being more obvious with each passing week.

If Claudio loses, ending up in the JAS, continuing the BCC vs JAS feud, I’m calling Ofcom.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

To get ROH off of AEW TV.

But what’s even left of ROH at this point? The name, logo and the Briscoes? Most of the guys worth giving a shit about on tonight’s card are AEW guys, anyway. Even your Dalton Castles are practically just lower card AEW wrestlers at this point.

I just don’t see the benefit going so hard to keep a C show. Bin the belts. Bin the name. Bin all references to ROH on AEW television. Buy the Warner Bro execs some crazy, extravagant Christmas presents to relent on the issue with the Briscoes. Problem solved.

It’s going in this direction regardless of Tony’s plans. Wasting more time trying to run both promotions separately just postpones the inevitable.

Edited by Supremo

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

But what’s even left of ROH at this point? The name, logo and the Briscoes? Most of the guys worth giving a shit about on tonight’s card are AEW guys, anyway. Even your Dalton Castles are practically just lower card AEW wrestlers at this point.

I just don’t see the benefit going so hard to keep a C show. Bin the belts. Bin the name. Bin all references to ROH on AEW television. Buy the Warner Bro execs some crazy, extravagant Christmas presents to relent on the issue with the Briscoes. Problem solved.

It’s going in this direction regardless of Tony’s plans. Wasting more time trying to run both promotions separately just postpones the inevitable.

There's more value in ROH than Dark or Elevation take it those get binned as well?