The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Yeah this is mad even by Khan standards. The two companies have always had a vibe of friendly competition, and you'd imagine with how much more open WWEs policies tend to be these days in a lot of respects that Triple H is probably the kind of guy who would trade content with AEW at some point in the future if it made good business sense. Then again I suppose more charred bridges than this have been rebuilt. 

I guess this is what happens when you piss on a billionaire kid's birthday. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

For a man who talks so frequently about wanting everyone to get along and to be the friendly place for everyone to come and have a smile and a slam, he hasn’t half got an edge when he’s got the hump.

He reminds me a lot of Jurgen Klopp in that regard. Klopp likes playing the nice guy but the mask slips very often.

That said, a cursory glance at the NXT promotion and I fail to see how it is ‘stacked’ iapparently. A load of your usual NXT guys most will never have heard of with a couple of old guys standing around the ring like spare parts.

9 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

…a couple of old guys standing around the ring like spare parts.

Outrageous that this sentence leaves the keyboard of the forums biggest Impact fan!

I sort of agree, though, but think the chance to even see Cena, Cody and Taker is enough for most people. It’s the entrances and the pageantry and fluff that gets most people tuning in live.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It’s the entrances and the pageantry and fluff that gets most people tuning in live.

It would have been easier to say "The entertainment" really Dazzler, because that's the heart of it. I'd much sooner see Cena make his ring entrance at Full Sail than see AC and his sunshine band face off against Luchasaurus. That might be be just me, I have no love for the Dino Warrior. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The two companies have always had a vibe of friendly competition,

Have they? It's always seemed pretty petty and nasty from both sides to me.

Regardless of who wins the ratings battle the main thing to remember is that they are both pulling out all the stops for only 900k-ish fans which is pretty funny.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

There's throwing the odd bit of shade at the opposition and there's utterly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire world and throwing an e-pissy fit because WWE have got a couple of retirees on. What a berk.

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Have they? It's always seemed pretty petty and nasty from both sides to me.

Oh come now, WWE stacking a show with all their big guns to go up against the AEW show was friendly banter!!

58 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Until he covers up murders or has multiple rape allegations against him, I’ll still say he’s different 

Give him time. He’s already matching others with sexual abusers on the payroll in no time at all. 

29 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's throwing the odd bit of shade at the opposition and there's utterly embarrassing yourself in front of the entire world and throwing an e-pissy fit because WWE have got a couple of retirees on. What a berk.

He better hope he wins the ratings war this week.

He has been an utter embarrassment the last 24 hours.

There's no way they're winning surely?

If anything they'll stay fairly stable and he'll make a song and dance about NXT not denting their ratings or whatever.

Or he'll wait and count all the catchup ratings or something.

They've struggled enough recently. I'd be shocked if they won or came close. But then I didn't think they'd sell out Wembley either so.. we'll see!

• Paid Members

One day, there’s going to be a book or documentary or even both on Tony Khan with Herb Abrams type of stories. And it’s going to be great. I’d love to know the bat shit stuff he says and does around the wrestlers. He’s already weird enough at the post show scrums with facial expressions and certain things he says. That time he awkwardly hugged Okada always springs to mind. There’s got to be some great stories behind the scenes already. Bet those WhatsApp groups are popping.

For all of Vinces worst aspects as a human being and some of the stuff he has come up with, you feel like he’s someone the wrestlers respect and also fear in some ways. He was/is an actual boss. The locker room must just laugh at Khan and take the piss.