The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

One day, there’s going to be a book or documentary or even both on Tony Khan with Herb Abrams type of stories. And it’s going to be great. I’d love to know the bat shit stuff he says and does around the wrestlers. He’s already weird enough at the post show scrums with facial expressions and certain things he says. That time he awkwardly hugged Okada always springs to mind. There’s got to be some great stories behind the scenes already. Bet those WhatsApp groups are popping.

For all of Vinces worst aspects as a human being and some of the stuff he has come up with, you feel like he’s someone the wrestlers respect and also fear in some ways. He was/is an actual boss. The locker room must just laugh at Khan and take the piss. 

I’d say there’s a huge chance the guy is on the Autism spectrum

33 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

One day, there’s going to be a book or documentary or even both on Tony Khan with Herb Abrams type of stories. And it’s going to be great. I’d love to know the bat shit stuff he says and does around the wrestlers. He’s already weird enough at the post show scrums with facial expressions and certain things he says. That time he awkwardly hugged Okada always springs to mind. There’s got to be some great stories behind the scenes already. Bet those WhatsApp groups are popping.

For all of Vinces worst aspects as a human being and some of the stuff he has come up with, you feel like he’s someone the wrestlers respect and also fear in some ways. He was/is an actual boss. The locker room must just laugh at Khan and take the piss. 

This is the main difference. Although Vince McMahon is a cunt, he doesn’t tolerate any bad behaviour from wrestlers (with the exception of maybe Shawn Michaels in the 90s and Steve Austin later on). McMahon is an actual authority figure who the wrestlers fear but also respect. Tony Khan is like you say, Herb Abrams but with even more money to spend. If Tony Khan really wants to compete with WWE, he needs to write the cheques and step aside for someone who actually knows how to run a wrestling promotion who isn’t a mark for the talent roster.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LCJ said:

This is the main difference. Although Vince McMahon is a cunt, he doesn’t tolerate any bad behaviour from wrestlers (with the exception of maybe Shawn Michaels in the 90s and Steve Austin later on). McMahon is an actual authority figure who the wrestlers fear but also respect. Tony Khan is like you say, Herb Abrams but with even more money to spend. If Tony Khan really wants to compete with WWE, he needs to write the cheques and step aside for someone who actually knows how to run a wrestling promotion who isn’t a mark for the talent roster.

He covered up murders, the flight from hell, Nailz, pushed steroids, backstage brawls. Yeah, he certainly took no shit

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He covered up murders, the flight from hell, Nailz, pushed steroids, backstage brawls. Yeah, he certainly took no shit

How did he cover up the plane ride from Hell? It was widely reported at the time and Curt Hennig got fired. Going further back, Nailz was fired too(?).

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LCJ said:

How did he cover up the plane ride from Hell? It was widely reported at the time and Curt Hennig got fired. Going further back, Nailz was fired too(?).

Didn’t say he did. And no-one else was fired and we all heard what else happened on that flight including what Ric Flair did. A sexual assault story so hilarious they turned into a cartoon for the WWE Network 

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

For all of Vinces worst aspects as a human being and some of the stuff he has come up with, you feel like he’s someone the wrestlers respect and also fear in some ways.

I imagine quite a few of the female employees feared him yes. Also until Tony Khan carries on a show when one of his wrestlers died, I think I'll say he probably has a fair bit of respect 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Although Vince McMahon is a cunt, he doesn’t tolerate any bad behaviour from wrestlers (with the exception of maybe Shawn Michaels in the 90s

No maybe about it, Shawn was an unbearable cunt by everyone's account and Vince loved it because he had a big chubby & a wet spot for him.

Well, I did say Vince was a cunt. He probably found the Flair story funny which is why it ended up as a cartoon on the Network. And to be honest, half of the stuff from the Attitude Era wouldn’t fly today as we know (and some of it is cut from the Network). Times were different then. Society has changed. It was a quarter of a century ago.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You can certainly see how it looks like you implied he covered up the flight from hell. We can put it down to how you read it. 

I think the only difference between TK and VKM is that Vince tries to cover everything up and Tony tweets about everything, that's perhaps a generational thing though as they are both cunts. 

23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

My guess is it'll be pretty even but both shows ratings will be down significantly from the usual.

I genuinely think NXT could pull close to double AEW’s rating. From a match perspective, it’s not a bad line-up; but Tony Khan hasn’t teased anything that I think many people would feel like they’d have to see live. Unless he starts with a massive surprise from the outset - Goldberg making his debut or something - I think AEW will struggle to keep up.

18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You won’t find me defending Vince McMahon, but I’m not going to defend Tony Khan. As @Keith Houchen has pointed out, he’s hired wrestlers who have really serious allegations of impropriety to their name. People have rightly criticised Will Ospreay for enabling behaviour, but for whatever reason Tony Khan gets off lightly for something similar. We talk about it a lot on here, but his approach to women’s wrestling really does merit criticism. I’d go as far as to say that it borders on sexism. It’s not like he doesn’t have the talent, he just refuses to give women the same opportunities that make wrestlers get. 

This is a separate matter - but I also feel a bit uncomfortable at the amount of man-on-woman violence in AEW. In a world full of men doing really awful things to women, is ‘well, she deserved it!’ really something you want to be doing in 2023? I’m not so sure.