The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

41 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

I'd kinda assumed that the original "Rocky 3" idea would play out over a longer period of time rather than having one promo of Punk going from sadface to fired up ready for the title. Punk loses, gets depressed, starts training again, gets pep talked, maybe even have an uncertain return match etc then fights for the title.  Everything between the loss and wrestling again could be done with him injured and keep him on TV. Gives you a nice build to the rematch, people hopefully invested in whether he can go again.

It's not a bad storyline, however it requires him to work a match mid rehab which is a terrible idea and means they should have thrown the story in the bin. They try and push Punk to work the squash, he gets legal involved. Tony Kahn being Tony Kahn decides that they'll do the storyline anyway as soon as he's cleared to wrestle, this is why we get the weird effect of Punk challenging again for the belt 10 days after getting squashed

I dunno if there's been anything said that refutes that interpretation , i've not followed this hugely closely. But yeah it's the only one I see that sort of explains all the weirdness (and it doesn't seem implausible someone like John Moxley would think working a short match injured is fine, why Punk would freak out at that idea and we're all aware that Tony Kahn can write storylines that clearly work in his head but don't actually work in practise)

Punk himself refutes it in the statement he made, he said he wouldn’t work hurt, and he worked the matches, which therefore mean he was cleared and fine. That or he’s lying about what he said he wouldn’t do. Let’s face it, he’s a hair triggered grumpy man who got raging at a forum comment and ranted and regretted it. That he’s not here talking shitting patterns and takeaways is his loss 

Punk himself refutes it in the statement he made, he said he wouldn’t work hurt, and he worked the matches, which therefore mean he was cleared and fine. That or he’s lying about what he said he wouldn’t do. Let’s face it, he’s a hair triggered grumpy man who got raging at a forum comment and ranted and regretted it. That he’s not here talking shitting patterns and takeaways is his loss 

Oh I think we interpretted that differently. I took "They kept saying it could just be a squash, so I didn’t need to be cleared. I scoffed at that. My health is more important." to mean he didn't work until he was healthy. As in they wanted him to do the squash earlier than it happened, legal letter, squash happens much later than intended.

But interpretting semantics of a angry instagram post probably isn't really that fruitfull :D

Also this is whats why I spelt it bad

spacer.png

Edited by organizedkaos

6 minutes ago, Louch said:

Punk himself refutes it in the statement he made, he said he wouldn’t work hurt, and he worked the matches, which therefore mean he was cleared and fine.

This may be true, but I don't think that's the point - if they were actually trying to persuade him to wrestle anyway, whether he was cleared or not, it's far from ideal. AEW has an unfortunate track record when it comes to responding to injuries, so I don't find this claim particularly hard to believe. Punk is definitely a thin-skinned nightmare, but he doesn't appear to be dishonest. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

For the first time ever I've just noticed the tags on this thread and am uncontrollably laughing.

Thanks for drawing them to my attention. Am doing the same.

• 6 months later...

So tonight TK has decided to argue with WWE stans on Twitter via memes & throwing shade at Vince (I mean, he has a point there). 

I never get why promoters do this. Just put on the best shows possible and that's the FU to people, not this. Comes across so petty and minor league. 

13 minutes ago, Daddymagic said:

So tonight TK has decided to argue with WWE stans on Twitter via memes & throwing shade at Vince (I mean, he has a point there). 

I never get why promoters do this. Just put on the best shows possible and that's the FU to people, not this. Comes across so petty and minor league. 

It's petty, but they're not minor league so it doesn't matter. Give him more coke.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Daddymagic said:

Probably because Bischoff used to throw shade at the WWF product on Nitro on their way to becoming top dog and its created the illusion that you can be major league, slag off your competition and still win, and that putting on your show and pretending the competition doesn't exist is a concept that should have been left in the 80s. The irony being that treating the modern wrestling landscape as a "war" where there's winners and losers and that "alls fair in war" is a concept that should have been left in the 90s.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

The irony being that treating the modern wrestling landscape as a "war" where there's winners and losers and that "alls fair in war" is a concept that should have been left in the 90s.

To be fair, a large part of the tribal fanbases now wanting a re-run of the late 90s 'wars' are ether trying to relive their childhood/teenage years or started watching wrestling just after the fact and want to experience a re-run, feeling they missed out.

I'd include Tony Khan in that and Triple "lol remember the Nitro tank" H has always been partial to a dig.

Edited by garynysmon