The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

26 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m at a loss here, I cannot think of examples of this. I must be missing something obvious. Even the odd intergender match have had the men/woman tag out when their counterpart has. 

There are quite a few examples to give. The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn attacking Julia Hart 3-on-1 at All In, House of Black attacking Julia Hart before she joined them, Dustin Rhodes forcing a kiss on Jake Hager’s wife, Jon Moxley forcibly kissing Trent’s mother and multiple instances of sexist comments. I’m pretty sure there are forced kisses that I’m forgetting, but those are a few instances that come to mind. 

EDIT: Andrade pushing Julia Hart off a ladder too, I forgot about that one.

Edited by RedRooster

My favourite thing about Tony Khan* is the amount of "Well, actually"s you get from people who love AEW and cannot stand to see him down as they love the company. 

Genuinely pathetic adults who cannot fathom that one person can be criticised without having to mention another person. A mental concept I know.

*obviously my favourite thing is I think on page 1 of this thread when he turns into David Puddy from Seinfeld. 

Edit: will share every single time.

Edited by SuperBacon
Yeah that's right

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Might have been Julia Hart that did the bump that threw her back on to a table that she overshot.

She was an inch away from breaking her neck and/or dying.

22 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Pretty sure Tyson was a WBD decision as a corporate tie in.

What was the tie in? Hasn’t he been on AEW multiple times, and did they tie in with another show or something? Either way, Sniff hired a rapist. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Don't be ridiculous.

But that’s kind of my thing…

In all seriousness it was a silly bump and who ever booked the spot was stupid to do so for such a young talent with little experience both in ring and doing those kind of bumps.

@RedRooster I’d never seen that before and if he said that, and meant it, I take back my defence of him not being on coke all the time, because anyone who saw that performance would know how fucking awful he was. Maybe he was just trying to be nice.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I don't give a fuck about Tony Khan, but WWE have objectively lost this battle before it started. You can't claim that AEW aren't competition, and then put Cody Rhodes, John Cena and the fucking Undertaker on the C-show when you run head to head on your usual timeslot without looking rattled. 

10 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't give a fuck about Tony Khan, but WWE have objectively lost this battle before it started. You can't claim that AEW aren't competition, and then put Cody Rhodes, John Cena and the fucking Undertaker on the C-show when you run head to head on your usual timeslot without looking rattled. 

I think ‘rattled’ overstates it somewhat. Triple H may want to get some measure of revenge for losing the head-to-head battle on Wednesdays, WWE may want to demonstrate to network executives (who may not look at context) that NXT is a valuable brand when it comes to TV rights or there may be a level of dick wagging going on - or perhaps it’s a bit of all of that. 

But I just don’t subscribe to the idea WWE is rattled in any way. Their PPVs regularly eat into the Collision audience, they’re performing to sell-out crowds, Raw, Smackdown and even NXT are performing well in the ratings…they have no reason to feel ‘rattled’. This isn’t 2021, things are going well for them; and momentum is on their side.

18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

You’d have a point if it was just a ratings grab to get struggling numbers up but NXT’s been hitting 850-900k for several weeks now, certainly since Becky Lynch and Dominik Mysterio went down there winning titles and their big shows have been solid

Even with tonight’s appearances, it’s only Asuka actually wrestling, Cody’s doing a promo to kick it off, likely to announce the return of the Dusty Cup, Cena and Heyman are mere corner men with the focus on 2 of the 3 most recent NXT champions and outside of the gong tease, no one knows if Taker’s actually going to be on screen

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

If you can do this, why wouldn't you?

Weird that they decided "why not, may as well?" for all of the big names booked to appear on this show for the first time coincidentally this week if they're not rattled, then.

It's what they do, it's overkill, and maybe anyone would do the same in their position, but it makes AEW look more of a threat to WWE than they probably otherwise would when WWE are on the safer ground of running on their regular night and have to pull out all the stops in order to not lose face. If it's a game of "interpromotional war", I'd say booking Undertaker on the developmental show is more gotten to than cracking jokes about Shawn Michaels being bald on Twitter, personally. 

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

makes AEW look more of a threat to WWE than they probably otherwise would

To who though? I’d wager that most people don’t know or don’t care about what’s been said on Twitter, and will see it as big names on a show. Who is going to watch it and say “we are seeing some top top names!! Something must have upset them to pull out all the stops”

The only people who will know are berks like us, and let’s face it, they’ve already decided who is coming out of this looking better (or more accurately, less shit)