The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

After some discussion about what a fucking berk Little Tone is in the old Twitter thread. Let’s have a one stop shop for all the shit he will inevitably get up to like the spoilt little billionaires son he is. 

Has his wrestling plaything consumed his mind? He has often been a spenk on Twitter to Jags and Fulham fans in the past but he seems to have upped it. Is it because Big Daddy Khan doesn’t stop him playing with his train set like he does with his proper sport franchises? Are the Elite simply rinsing the biggest money mark not based in Saudi Arabia?

Lets see what the pencil necked geek gets up to this year. Any more nonces on the horizon for him to sign?

• Paid Members

I think the shiny sheen is starting to peel off. He’s done some great stuff. He also made the greatest tribute to a wrestler show I’ve seen. But just like Vince, he needs a no man. Someone to tell him he’s going to make a dick of himself for saying that. 

Still way better then Vince, but not the likeable man of the people he makes himself out to be.

• Paid Members

Generally he seems to have done a lot more good than most wrestling promoters could or would have done in his position. He's actually created a wrestling promotion I'm invested in and enjoy watching for the first time in over a decade. No denying he's definitely a weirdo, an incredibly thin skinned nerd and a bit of a berk...but no normal, decent person would be involved in wrestling anyway so it's hardly a shock that he seems like a bit of a knob. The longer he's in the business the more dirt and flak he's going to collect as it's the nature of the wrestling business, he just needs to work out how to deal with it rather than throwing a tantrum or making incredibly stupid comments. I don't think his accomplishments in just 3 years in the wrestling business should be underestimated though or put down to "he's a rich guy with a rich dad", he's done a pretty incredible job in a tough environment and exceeded almost all business and fan expectations.

28 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think the shiny sheen is starting to peel off. He’s done some great stuff. He also made the greatest tribute to a wrestler show I’ve seen. But just like Vince, he needs a no man. Someone to tell him he’s going to make a dick of himself for saying that. 

Still way better then Vince, but not the likeable man of the people he makes himself out to be.

Absolutely. He’s acquired a lot of goodwill for himself and AEW, all of it deserved, but “The Bob Holly Rule” needs an amendment to “The Vince Rule” for him. 

I don’t think, or at least hope, he’d cover up murder or rape like the horrible old cunt from Connecticut. I know we all live vicariously through him so let him off with a lot. , but yeah he’s not a nice bloke. I suppose anyone compared to Vince would look better though!

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Another strange part of that Swole rebuttal is the ending - he goes in with the studs up on her quotes, and then scores an own goal by trying to plug Rampage. ‘Ah, he’s brown so that makes it all ok, and there’s a street fight tonight? Sold!’ It’s all a bit bizarre. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I think the shiny sheen is starting to peel off

It's very easy to look good under when everything is going well and everyone is saying how great you are. The true test comes with how people handle the bad times, the critics and challenges. 

By all accounts he's not great at that, and given the nature of some wrestling fans who make up that core audience for aew it'll roll around on him sooner than he learns to manage it like someone in his position should I'd guess.

It felt like the mask was slipping when it came out a while ago that he was supposedly going to be taking more control over all aspects of production. Back when it was accepted that different divisions had different EVPs looking after them, and we all knew the swath of legends on agent duty, there was more of a sense of collaboration and freedom of creativity. Then it seemed to swing wildly the other way, and it was accepted that Tony was responsible for EVERYTHING, so everything he did came under extra scrutiny. It's business and second hand info at best, but with AEW and Tony himself being so young, it's very easy to be painted as petulant and stressed when they drop clangers like their Twitter replies.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Absolutely. He’s acquired a lot of goodwill for himself and AEW, all of it deserved, but “The Bob Holly Rule” needs an amendment to “The Vince Rule” for him. 

I don’t think, or at least hope, he’d cover up murder or rape like the horrible old cunt from Connecticut. I know we all live vicariously through him so let him off with a lot. , but yeah he’s not a nice bloke. I suppose anyone compared to Vince would look better though!

He's certainly got the hang of turning a blind eye to some of the "alleged" nonces and abusers on his roster, so I wouldn't put it past him... 

2 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Tony himself being so young, it's very easy to be painted as petulant and stressed when they drop clangers like their Twitter replies.

Hes 40 this year, he isn’t young. Wasn’t Heyman about that age at the start of ECW? Smelly Paul wasn’t considered so young. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hes 40 this year, he isn’t young. Wasn’t Heyman about that age at the start of ECW? Smelly Paul wasn’t considered so young. 

Heyman was 35 when ECW folded.