The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t think, or at least hope, he’d cover up murder or rape like the horrible old cunt from Connecticut. 

Depends on whether he's been able to read the text messages or not. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hes 40 this year, he isn’t young. Wasn’t Heyman about that age at the start of ECW? Smelly Paul wasn’t considered so young. 

Heyman was 40 when ECW 2.0 started. He's always looked older than he is. Like how. He's in his 50s, but looks more like a corpse than and living person.

• Paid Members

Will Hobbs has posted a statement defending TK. The replies to the tweet go one of two ways, die hard defendance of AEW, or having a go at Hobbs. Obviously this is Hobbs' view of how he feels he has been treated which is perfectly fine, but the line about picking up the phone is abit off.

Screenshot_20220101-193454_Twitter.jpg

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Nick James said:

the line about picking up the phone is abit off

Statements like that are always stupid, tweeting a complaint about someone who has used twitter to say something because you shouldn't complain on twitter. 

If he has an issue with what someone said perhaps he should just "pick up the phone". 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

It felt like the mask was slipping when it came out a while ago that he was supposedly going to be taking more control over all aspects of production. Back when it was accepted that different divisions had different EVPs looking after them, and we all knew the swath of legends on agent duty, there was more of a sense of collaboration and freedom of creativity.

I'd disagree. There was a point where it was clear different people were booking different parts of the show because tonally it was all over the place and a complete mess to watch. Ratings were steadily dropping so TK took complete control over booking and production to ensure everything went through him and the shows had cohesion. The quality picked up almost immediately. So the EVPs are still involved in the booking and writing, but there's now a single filter for it, which makes perfect sense from a production stand point.

• Paid Members

The weirdest thing was how the Tony-takes-control-away-from-the-EVPs story seemed to come out about eighteen months after anyone watching the product could see it happening. I’m sure everyone was buzzing about it this Summer when it actually happened the previous December.

Either way though, this is an embarrassing mess. He’s lucky his product is as good as it is because Tony always makes a tit of himself whenever he gets some well-deserved criticism.

Thank fuck they’ve got Cody on the roster to sort it all out by having another kid.

Edited by Supremo

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd disagree. There was a point where it was clear different people were booking different parts of the show because tonally it was all over the place and a complete mess to watch. Ratings were steadily dropping so TK took complete control over booking and production to ensure everything went through him and the shows had cohesion. The quality picked up almost immediately. So the EVPs are still involved in the booking and writing, but there's now a single filter for it, which makes perfect sense from a production stand point.

Oh yes, I agree. But the added pressure of being that single point, of not being able to delegate due to the apparent lack of communication between the separate teams or lack of common guidelines/goals, was always going to manifest in outbursts, if badly managed, and the image of Tony as the fan boy living his dream was always going to slip to reveal the harsh reality of the highstrung business promoter.

8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The weirdest thing was how the Tony-takes-control-away-from-the-EVPs story seemed to come out about eighteen months after anyone watching the product could see it happening. I’m sure everyone was buzzing about it this Summer when it actually happened the previous December.

The story came out at the time https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/01/17/tony-khan-took-more-control-of-aew-booking-after-criticism/

Can't recall now why it was revived as a story last year.

Lio Rush has released a new statment regarding all the Tony Khan/Big Swole stuff:

“I want this to be clear.. I do not consider this to be a diversity issue, and I at no point have thought or said that AEW or Tony is racist. We can all clearly see that wrestling as a whole and the AEW roster is perpetually diverse. The issue at hand was a racial insensitivity issue. Having spoken to Tony and Megah, we have discussed the endeavors to further understand the struggles of the black community. I am grateful to be able to understand more about Tony and Megah’s own ethnic backgrounds and glad that they are actively seeking input from an African American perspective. I am proud to work for a boss and company that try to make these strides in social equality. I look forward to working with Tony to keep making steps towards positive change. I pray that 2022 is a year of positive change in all aspects.