The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chili said:

Don't see how Tony Khan is at fault for some wrestling websites driving their view count. 

I think he's a mad coke head like everyone else too but yeah, feels reaching. Wrestling is like a claw machine for 'big announcements'. Mostly misses, sometimes you win a CM Punk. 

I'd love a 'medium announcement'. Poor Christian would have been perfect for the current fanbase. 

This is all based on his Busted Open Radio interview, so yeah, Tony Khan is at fault for this one.

• Paid Members

Like Jim Ross watching an AEW show. They should make him sit in on some Dark tapings, I bet that'd give him a new appreciation of Dynamite. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The Hairy Cornflake has an air of bad uncle about him when he was introducing these new bands that he didn’t know of or like. He was a man out of time. 

I get the Hairy Cornflake part, but wasn't sure if that last line was aimed at me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

Tony Khan is the new Dixie Carter, pass it on. Another week rolls round and another story of Tony Khan hyping something massive he has been working on. 

He's trying to get attention, interest and buzz. Why would a promoter say "I'm working on something at the moment but it's just ok, nothing special"?

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

He's trying to get attention, interest and buzz. Why would a promoter say "I'm working on something at the moment but it's just ok, nothing special"?

Whilst this is true, Dixie got pelters for always doing this. Not saying you did but others certainly did. It was a running joke, even when the mega mega massive announcement turned out to be Bram for the ninth time. 

Wait a minute…..He wouldn’t, would he? Oh fuck. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

To be fair, my Dixie Carter comment was tongue in cheek, although he does have some sort of surprise or announcement weekly. The reason the post is in this thread, as it's specifically about Tony, rather than Dynamite or Rampage. 

I just found it funny that now the Keith Lee / Jay White thing is done, this is the next thing. Some could say he is riding on these hype announcements and 'surprises', clearly it's working. Tony is as carny as the rest of wrestling promotors.

But yeah, Dixie took peters weekly, so did Cody with his constant announcements.