The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

He doesn’t half make an arse of himself, though I’d definitely reserve judgement on this. Astroturfing social media via sockpuppet/bot accounts is right out of the playbook of a lot insecure right-wing arseholes like the tories and other significantly egregious governments. Would it be something I could imagine Vince being fully on board with? Yes, I could. Would I go on social media to complain about it? No. [/Garth]

Edited by hallicks

• Paid Members

I do love what Tony Khan has contributed with a decent alternative to WWE. Real competition. And someone who did a lot of right things during the pandemic. However, he does do some right howlers and I wish he would employ someone to run his social media instead. That said, with a lot of how twitter works, and the amount of bot accounts, I am sure this is an element of truth to it. I want to see Nick vs Tony in a battle of the Khans on a supercars somewhere.

9 hours ago, hallicks said:

He doesn’t half make an arse of himself, though I’d definitely reserve judgement on this. Astroturfing social media via sockpuppet/bot accounts is right out of the playbook of a lot insecure right-wing arseholes like the tories and other significantly egregious governments. Would it be something I could imagine Vince being fully on board with? Yes, I could. Would I go on social media to complain about it? No. [/Garth]

I think the Coked up king is exhibiting his own ‘right-wing arsehole’ behaviour.

Wrestling social media is tribal at the minute, there’s anti-AEW accounts and anti-WWE accounts. It’s a toxic mess of arguments, name-calling and bullshit.

What the boy wonder is basically saying is ‘the people that don’t like us aren’t real people, it’s a scam. It’s a hoax. FAKE NEWS. Everyone loves me. I have great poll numbers. The best poll numbers. LOCK THEM UP.’

Which is where I come back to what seems to be the money/social media/arsehole loop. If you’ve got money, and are on social media, you WILL be an arsehole.

Is Tony Khan a crazy person? yes

Is he right? Yes

Twitter is full of fakeness. In February, it came apparent that a twitter "influencer" had actually faked having a boyfriend and actually killed him off via suicide. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if WWE had a "bot division". It would be a practice in line with a lot of companies IMHO. 

As I'm typing watching WOL, Bryan Alvarez has said that this report is legit and was commissioned by TK. 

The important question has to be, WWEGareth is Bruce Prichard's burner account right? 

Bots/fake followers are a part of marketing at all levels these days and used in a variety of ways. Do I think WWE have some expenditure in their marketing department or outside marketing agency, that goes into social media marketing and used in these ways that TK is accusing them? Sure.

It'll just be something so far off the radar of anyone in the WWE hierarchy. More of a don't ask don't tell policy from them. Instead you can point to the NXT/AEW head to head, arranging shows close in the calendar, negative quotes in the media like references made to the Women's tag street fight to see their influences.

Does it matter? Like, is it actually having a detrimental impact on his business? 

What's the basis of the report? Because if its just the fact that some people's accounts are 80% retweets then no. 

If anyone could be arsed to use the same parameters against negative tweets aimed at the WWE would they come to the same conclusion? 

He really, really needs to hire somebody to tell him to fuck off sometimes. I'm available for $100,000 dollars a year plus expenses and health insurance. I'll even add "Tony you're wonderful," before telling him to fuck off. 

• Paid Members

No company has received more online distain over the years than TNA, which has bled into Impact to some degree.

Yet I can't even imagine Scott D'amore having an online rant about the lingering LOLTNA narrative, despite it being from a regime nothing to do with his one.

Yes there are a few weird overtly anti AEW accounts, but Khan and his company generally gets an easy ride from the wrestling media and the online presence on the whole.

I've seen just as many Twitter accounts encouraging pile ons on non-positive AEW takes.

Edited by garynysmon