The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• 3 weeks later...

A.k.a MJF has no intention of going anywhere, but is happy to use social media to scare a few more thou out of Uncle Tony.  As all wrestlers do nowadays.

1 minute ago, Loki said:

A.k.a MJF has no intention of going anywhere, but is happy to use social media to scare a few more thou out of Uncle Tony.  As all wrestlers do nowadays.

It might be that, for sure, but I'm starting to wonder about Tony a little bit now that Adam Cole is all over every show. I mean, maybe he has sustained a head injury recently?

MJF is basically using him leaving as a storyline. I expect them to be building to some sort of MJF summer-of-Punk scenario, and try and convince people he’s leaving in the meantime.

He’d be mad to leave just yet.

He’s so young and so good, he might as well be a megastar where he’s at for a few more years yet - then there’ll be a real bidding war for him.

It's MJF. He's playing all sides against each other to get the best deal for himself. It wasn't that long ago he had the Ariel Hewlani interview saying he's waiting to be a free agent, at the the same time the usual dirtsheets were saying he wanted paid now.

I just started rewatching Ethan Page's 'Fake Name, No Gimmicks Vlog' since it's come to an end. Starts in early 2019 with MJF being a bit of a semi regular so far. Looking at cagematch he wrestled more matches in 2019 for non-AEW companies than he's wrestled in his entire AEW career.

The only thing I would wonder about is how more AEW talent have been given the freedom to pick up indy dates for more cash. Yet TK being selective in some cases like Danielson not being allowed to work DEFY yet. Maybe MJF is feeling a bit more frustrated now as it's not just a case of being underpaid being an early signing, but he's also leaving money on the table due to being exclusive to AEW.

I don’t think he’d be getting away with talking about leaving on tv if he was. It’s all started with him “arguing” with Khan pre the punk feud. Long term story to him teasing leaving with the title. Let’s just enjoy the ride 

47 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

MJF is basically using him leaving as a storyline. I expect them to be building to some sort of MJF summer-of-Punk scenario, and try and convince people he’s leaving in the meantime.

He’d be mad to leave just yet.

He’s so young and so good, he might as well be a megastar where he’s at for a few more years yet - then there’ll be a real bidding war for him.

His contract doesn’t expire until 2024, so he’s going to remain where he is for a few more years.

MJF wouldn’t be mad to leave. If he’s not being offered the money he feels he deserves, and can make more elsewhere, he’d be mad to stay. I don’t particularly want to see him leave, but there’s no real justification for him not being one of their top earners.

Sean Ross Sapp is generally pretty accurate. Is he being ‘worked’? Maybe, but he seems savvy enough to be able to make a judgment call on the information his sources are feeding him.  

A lot of this seems to have stemmed from a podcast appearance he just did. Rather than some inside sources.

I haven't watched it, but safe to say it's 99% in character if quotes like this are part of it.

MJF on the ex-WWE talent in AEW: “I think there is a lot of stuff going on in this company that is inaccurate. I think all these f***ing ex-WWE guys that are making an absurd amount of money when, quite frankly, they cant sniff my f***ing jock when it comes to the ratings I pull in whenever I’m on screen, I think they can all go to hell. Somebody in the upper management has a problem with me and it’s very obvious if you see what I’m dealing with week to week.”

On Shawn Spears being a former WWE talent: “Shawn Spears is an ex-WWE guy. Now, if/when I were to go over there, I’d have me a ball because I built my brand and established myself here. When I go over there, I’m not gonna have to deal with the same type of bullshit that poor Shawn Spears had to deal with. A guy like that has been criminally underrated for over a decade.”

23 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

A lot of this seems to have stemmed from a podcast appearance he just did. Rather than some inside sources.

I don’t think that’s correct, while I’m not a member of his site to read the full story, he’s crediting himself for this and not a podcast. I’m fairly certain this is his own story.

16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I don’t think that’s correct, while I’m not a member of his site to read the full story, he’s crediting himself for this and not a podcast. I’m fairly certain this is his own story.

MJF makes public appearances saying the same things he's already said before. People reach out to see if any of it's legit. You then get the usual clickbait like this from WrestlingInc that basically C+Ps Fightful

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/05/backstage-update-on-mjfs-aew-frustration-mjf-reportedly-looking-to-leave-the-company/

MJF reportedly remains frustrated with his AEW contract situation and is leaning towards not re-signing with the company.

As noted, it was reported back in late March that AEW President, CEO, General Manager & Head Of Creative Tony Khan had a heated discussion with MJF, but then had a follow-up conversation that went much smoother than the first. Khan was initially upset with MJF’s interview with Ariel Helwani, where he discussed interest from WWE, his AEW contract status, and more. Khan was reportedly concerned about the precedent being set of AEW talents doing interviews without running it by the AEW PR team first, which has been the standard since 2019. While that was Khan’s issue, MJF was said to be frustrated even before the interview happened, due to his contract.

In an update, a new report from Fightful Select notes that things do not appear to be improving between MJF and AEW

While there have not been any signs of outward frustration from Khan’s side of things since the heated discussion was settled in April with the two talking out their issues, word is that the sentiment hasn’t necessarily lasted with MJF.

It was noted that MJF’s teases at possibly going to WWE when his AEW contract expires are not in character, and it’s a topic that he’s already weighed. There has been at least some progress on MJF’s AEW future, with a possible contract extension discussed. However, many people within AEW do not believe that MJF and Khan are as close as they were prior to the reported discussion.

MJF is now leaning towards leaving AEW as of now when his AEW contract expires, according to sources. The contract does not expire until 2024, so a lot can change between now and then. It was also said that contract negotiations have been mentioned to MJF, but it’s not clear if that’s a re-negotiation of his current deal, or an extension. With that said, the report notes that MJF is not 100% on leaving AEW.

MJF’s AEW contract expires on January 1, 2024, and he has stated that he will be wrestling where the money is. Multiple sources have confirmed that WWE has interest in the young star, and will likely want to sign him when they’re able to.

AEW sources noted back in April that Khan and MJF have maintained a good relationship since AEW launched, and have become good friends. While the heated discussion was confirmed by multiple sources, it was noted that there was no fight between Khan and MJF.

MJF is set to face Wardlow at AEW Double Or Nothing on May 29 in Las Vegas. The stipulation is that if Wardlow wins he will be released from his contract with MJF, but if he loses, he will no longer be able to sign any contracts with AEW.

Stay tuned for more on MJF’s AEW future.

MJF is now leaning towards leaving AEW as of now when his AEW contract expires, according to sources [HE'S LEAVING]. The contract does not expire until 2024, so a lot can change between now and then [MAYBE NOT]. It was also said that contract negotiations have been mentioned to MJF, but it’s not clear if that’s a re-negotiation of his current deal, or an extension. With that said, the report notes that MJF is not 100% on leaving AEW [IS THAT 60-40/70-30/51-49].