The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

On 5/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Accident Prone said:

I tend to take SRS's report's with more than a grain of salt since he was booked by GCW to appear in their Spring Break battle royal. Something about a wrestling journalist getting paid to take part in a match, for the biggest indie in North America, and on one of their biggest shows of the year, just rubs me the wrong way (not that wrestling journalism is some pristine, squeaky clean profession that doesn't attract wrong'uns in any way, shape or form).

I totally agree, I had no idea that this happened. Definitely a conflict of interest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Just now, Merzbow said:

Jeff Hardy.

Matt Hardy. 

(Alright, it wasn't working injured, but I remember all the talk about an accident he had that was the result of a stupid spot.)

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Jeff Hardy.

It's too easy to counter that kind of talk.

58 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Matt Hardy. 

(Alright, it wasn't working injured, but I remember all the talk about an accident he had that was the result of a stupid spot.)

Lance archer landing on his head against Eddie Kingston, fairly sure there was a six woman where someone tore their knee, Jake atlas against Adam Cole. That's without even looking

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Healy52003 said:

Will the usual shite start about Cody Rhodes working hurt 

'Oh Tony wouldn't let his talent work injured, he cares about them unlike Vince' 

Has he said anything about it? Can't find anything. 

45 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Lance archer landing on his head against Eddie Kingston, fairly sure there was a six woman where someone tore their knee, Jake atlas against Adam Cole. That's without even looking

With both the Archer and Atlas injuries they ended the match immediately after so you can't badmouth them for injuries that occur during matches. Not sure about what 6 man you referring to. 

If you're going to badmouth them then badmouth them for shit that actually happened which deserves it. Like Matt Hardy almost dying on PPV or the Young Bucks and Dark Order doing spots around a knocked out Alex Reynolds.

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Has he said anything about it? Can't find anything. 

With both the Archer and Atlas injuries they ended the match immediately after so you can't badmouth them for injuries that occur during matches. Not sure about what 6 man you referring to. 

If you're going to badmouth them then badmouth them for shit that actually happened which deserves it. Like Matt Hardy almost dying on PPV or the Young Bucks and Dark Order doing spots around a knocked out Alex Reynolds.

In both archer and atlas's cases, they were losing anyway, the ref stopping the match wouldn't have changed a thing, instead you just delayed a head injury getting attention in the archer match.

• Paid Members

Fuck me I have no interest in this shit. Can't they just do proper simple professional wrestling stories and leave the shoot nonsense in the back? Either put him on TV to do stuff or sack him and let him go to WWE where he can wrestle The Miz twelve times over the next 3 months or whatever.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Fuck me I have no interest in this shit. Can't they just do proper simple professional wrestling stories and leave the shoot nonsense in the back? Either put him on TV to do stuff or sack him and let him go to WWE where he can wrestle The Miz twelve times over the next 3 months or whatever.

Given their approaches to movie studios, I HIGHLY doubt WB have the awareness to play along with a story universe. I think AEW's goofed up too hard with the F-bomb.

Edited by seph

Time will tell, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s false information leaked by someone on AEW’s end. While I certainly don’t think this was a work all along, I do feel a degree of cynicism about what happens from here. 

19 minutes ago, seph said:

Given their approaches to movie studios, I HIGHLY doubt WB have the awareness to play along with a story universe. I think AEW's goofed up too hard with the F-bomb.

If they didn’t clear what they were planning to do ahead of time given who was in attendance, they’re utterly insane. I just can’t imagine that didn’t happen, it’s far too high risk a thing to do. 

I hate to pop a tinfoil hat on, but I feel a bit dubious about this particular tidbit.