The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm not talking about how you dress for work, the CEO of multimillion dollar company appearing on TV to make an announcement should look smart. Especially when the other guy looks fucking dapper.

The head of New Japan looks like a smart successful businessman and Khan looks like a uni student. It looks bad and unprofessional. 

The head of New Japan looks like a stereotypical Japanese businessman. What I’m saying is that it’s an outdated stereotype that you can only look smart by being in a suit and tie and have groomed hair. Mad Men is long gone, business shouldn’t be all tailored suits.

Now if your overall complaint is Tony looks like a scruff regardless of the suit that’s another thing, but we elected a scruff in a suit as our Prime Minister.

It's not even the suit for me. As much as it pains me to say it, Dana White of the UFC has very rarely worn anything but a black t-shirt and jeans yet when he's on stage or talking to anyone you simply know he's the man who's calling all the shots. The bald-headed prick could be standing next to ten guys all in suits and you'd simply know that the dude in the t-shirt is king shit.

I understand that this guy has done a lot of good by financing AEW with his families money, and it's a great product to watch, but if ever there was a need for a Jack Tunney-type situation, this is it. he's just not the guy they need out front as the face of the company.

• Paid Members

Considering most of the posts in the other Tony Khan thread amount to nothing more than "Vince doesn't do this, therefore Tony is great!" it's presumably fair game to make the same comparison in this thread. Khan looks like he sleeps in his car after his wife changed the lock on the front door after catching him with her sister. In situations like this, McMahon always looks like the head of a huge international company.

1 hour ago, David said:

I understand that this guy has done a lot of good by financing AEW with his families money, and it's a great product to watch, but if ever there was a need for a Jack Tunney-type situation, this is it. he's just not the guy they need out front as the face of the company.

Is that really a sentiment of any proper prevalence, though? 

I know some of this is in jest (dress more like a billionaire so I can be reminded I hate billionaires too!) but it's a bit like the whole Orange Cassidy/Danhausen stuff all over again. People dig this about AEW. A lot of the complaints on the aesthetic, vibe of it, self congratulatory nature, "What a mark" etc are the exact reason why its core audience love the thing. 

spacer.png

I should say to pay topic tax that he's almost certainly a complete wanker, of course. 

And yes, I'm getting mixed up between the two Tony threads all the time too. 

It'll happen to you!

Edited by Gay as FOOK

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Considering most of the posts in the other Tony Khan thread amount to nothing more than "Vince doesn't do this, therefore Tony is great!" it's presumably fair game to make the same comparison in this thread. Khan looks like he sleeps in his car after his wife changed the lock on the front door after catching him with her sister. In situations like this, McMahon always looks like the head of a huge international company.

And because they’re entitled wrestling fans, you just know that if WWE were putting out a product they loved watching, Vince would be considered ace as well. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

And because they’re entitled wrestling fans, you just know that if WWE were putting out a product they loved watching, Vince would be considered ace as well. 

Why are they entitled? And why is that a bad thing? Fans of any form of media should be allowed to want the things they like to be good. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

You're usually a good poster but you've become boring with this negativity lately. We get it. You've said it a thousand times. It's the same negativity that starts bleeding into other topics and it just comes off as smug superiority.

12 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

You're usually a good poster but you've become boring with this negativity lately. We get it. You've said it a thousand times. It's the same negativity that starts bleeding into other topics and it just comes off as smug superiority.

Hard disagree. I’ve always been a boring poster but you’re right about me being superior. And I don’t think I’ve said anything on here close to a thousand times. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And I don’t think I’ve said anything on here close to a thousand times. 

Been waiting for this post to drop