The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

MJF makes public appearances saying the same things he's already said before. People reach out to see if any of it's legit. You then get the usual clickbait like this from WrestlingInc that basically C+Ps Fightful

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/05/backstage-update-on-mjfs-aew-frustration-mjf-reportedly-looking-to-leave-the-company/

MJF is now leaning towards leaving AEW as of now when his AEW contract expires, according to sources [HE'S LEAVING]. The contract does not expire until 2024, so a lot can change between now and then [MAYBE NOT]. It was also said that contract negotiations have been mentioned to MJF, but it’s not clear if that’s a re-negotiation of his current deal, or an extension. With that said, the report notes that MJF is not 100% on leaving AEW [IS THAT 60-40/70-30/51-49].

image.jpeg.e3ffdbf71c10df8d4ab76ce43255ebdd.jpeg“You know, they say all contracts are created equal…”

• Paid Members

MJF is WWE bound. The deal is all but done - AEW don't want him to leave on a free next year and player's mind is made up and HERE WE GO.[/@FabrizioRomano2023]

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Sean Ross Sapp is generally pretty accurate. Is he being ‘worked’? Maybe, but he seems savvy enough to be able to make a judgment call on the information his sources are feeding him.  

I tend to take SRS's report's with more than a grain of salt since he was booked by GCW to appear in their Spring Break battle royal. Something about a wrestling journalist getting paid to take part in a match, for the biggest indie in North America, and on one of their biggest shows of the year, just rubs me the wrong way (not that wrestling journalism is some pristine, squeaky clean profession that doesn't attract wrong'uns in any way, shape or form).

So while I don't doubt that MJF is a little frustrated with his initial contract not reflecting his current position in the company, I look at the source and I look at MJF using it in his promos, and I'm more inclined to believe that there isn't much fire to this smoke right now.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

SRS (or Fightful in general) are usually about as reliable as you can get - they reported Cody leaving before anyone else did, and broke the news that Stone Cold and Vince would be wrestling at Wrestlemania, and are usually first to report on WWE releases.

They're not client journalists towing the company line or selling made up "rumours" as breaking news, they've got a pretty consistent hit rate, and I'm not aware of any examples of them getting "worked".

In this case, who knows? MJF's contract isn't up for a couple of years. He might be Lesnar-ing it and playing all the angles to get a better payday next time, or he might be laying the foundations for a "Summer of Punk" story of threatening to leave the belt, or he might genuinely want to go to WWE. It might be all of the above, but it won't become a real story for a long while yet.

2 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

No, the question is will he give the dogs a contract extension with a huge raise to stop them going to Vince.

Depends if they abused the puppy down the street and then gave little Tone the puppy dog eyes to convince him there’s no way they could’ve done it.