The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Another problem with some of Dixie's announcements were that she'd announce that next week she was going to make an announcement, then Tenay & West would sell it like "oh my goodness, that was huge, what will the announcement be?" 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Another problem with some of Dixie's announcements were that she'd announce that next week she was going to make an announcement, then Tenay & West would sell it like "oh my goodness, that was huge, what will the announcement be?" 

Love a good meta-announcement. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

((insert Hogan hype / Kennedy story))

• Paid Members

Or the way they made vignettes and had segments teasing and hyping the return of the Main Event Mafia, only for Diesel and Booker T to turn up at the Royal Rumble the week before the reveal was supposed to take place. 

• Paid Members

I think Sting was still there doing his Joker thing, and for some reason they decided to try and stick Crimson with them? Joe was doing his "I fell asleep at a student party" biro face penis flgimmick. They copped out and hotshotted a Fourtune face turn instead didn't they? Stuck out some kind of cryptic "don't think you always know" video walking back the MEM stuff, and then that nonsense. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Poor Scott Steiner, didn't they even end up with him being the only member in the company and looking a bit sad?

He didn’t seem sad to me, he looked like he was having a great time. By his calculations, they still outnumbered every other faction going.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He's trying to get attention, interest and buzz. Why would a promoter say "I'm working on something at the moment but it's just ok, nothing special"?

To appropriately manage expectations..? Or shouldn't he just say nothing if he knows it's not worth saying? Surely both of these things are equally important in managing PR.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

To appropriately manage expectations..? Or shouldn't he just say nothing if he knows it's not worth saying? Surely both of these things are equally important in managing PR.

Precisely this. It’s the difference between “tune into the Pay Per View for a big announcement” and it turns out to be Kurt Angle, which makes your promotion look a big deal that delivers when it promises something big, or….

…. promoting a game-changing signee, when you’ve got AJ Styles having had a title run where he’s just won the belt from Kurt Angle and lost it to RVD, with great matches everywhere, but your new signee could just “walk in the door tomorrow, and just take the World Heavyweight title.” And it turns out to be Kennedy. Which makes your promotion look small time in the eyes of the fans AND in the eyes of the well-paid hype merchant who’s just declared the entire roster a good few rungs down the ladder from Kennedy.

…….. Kennedy!