The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They're both cunts who should be fired into the sun, how about we go with that line of reasoning.

A man who speaks sense. I agree, both Sniff and Vinny are cunts, And I find Tone having as meltdown utterly hilarious, the little manchild.

Not defending his ethical nous or lack thereof but this sentiment that Khan should step aside and let a real promoter take over is rubbish. They're going through a rough patch at the moment but you'd have to say overall AEW have done incredibly well in their history so far. I'm convinced people's nostalgia have given them Stockholm syndrome for thinking wrestling can only be run by the kind of dopey bastards Conrad shakes down for podcasts. 

I don't think a number two promotion could have done any better under any other circumstances. It doesn't matter if this guy would rather jump and cheer at the side of the stage like a child high on lemonade instead of pump iron at four in the morning to AC/DC.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Although Vince McMahon is a cunt, he doesn’t tolerate any bad behaviour from wrestlers (with the exception of maybe Shawn Michaels in the 90s and Steve Austin later on). 

Vince tolerates anything from nearly anyone if they’ve got the balls to push him. Depending on which Steve Austin standard you’re holding him to - if it’s reprehensible actions of an abusive/criminal nature, he kept a murderer on the books for years. (I’ve never seen one before, no one has, but I’m guessing it’s a White Hole). If you simply mean playing the Hulk Hogan “doesn’t work for me, brother” card and getting creative changed, everyone either side of Austin, Shawn, Hogan and Bret whined their way into getting it plans changed on major shows, from Honky Tonk Man to Alberto Del Rio and numerous other historical footnotes. It would be quicker to list the wrestlers that just kept their head down and did whatever they were told than all those that got away with bad behaviour.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This is a separate matter - but I also feel a bit uncomfortable at the amount of man-on-woman violence in AEW. In a world full of men doing really awful things to women, is ‘well, she deserved it!’ really something you want to be doing in 2023? I’m not so sure.

I’m at a loss here, I cannot think of examples of this. I must be missing something obvious. Even the odd intergender match have had the men/woman tag out when their counterpart has. 

16 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Vince tolerates anything from nearly anyone if they’ve got the balls to push him. Depending on which Steve Austin standard you’re holding him to - if it’s reprehensible actions of an abusive/criminal nature, he kept a murderer on the books for years. (I’ve never seen one before, no one has, but I’m guessing it’s a White Hole). If you simply mean playing the Hulk Hogan “doesn’t work for me, brother” card and getting creative changed, everyone either side of Austin, Shawn, Hogan and Bret whined their way into getting it plans changed on major shows, from Honky Tonk Man to Alberto Del Rio and numerous other historical footnotes. It would be quicker to list the wrestlers that just kept their head down and did whatever they were told than all those that got away with bad behaviour.

I was referring more to the creative side of things and people not doing as they were told or going into business for themselves rather than what went on in the private life of certain wrestlers.

As an example of my point, I couldn’t envisage CM Punk doing what he did at the media scrum last year if he’d have been working for WWE and sitting next to Vince McMahon. I’d bet my mortgage on Vince firing him for something like that. Which to be honest, is probably what Punk wanted at the time (and it happened a year later instead) but that’s beside the point.

Edited by LCJ

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This is a separate matter - but I also feel a bit uncomfortable at the amount of man-on-woman violence in AEW. In a world full of men doing really awful things to women, is ‘well, she deserved it!’ really something you want to be doing in 2023? I’m not so sure.

I've seen probably almost every AEW show amd I can only remember a single incident of man on woman violence let alone it being regular enough for someone to feel uncomfortable about it. How many times has it actually happened?

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

I've seen probably almost every AEW show amd I can only remember a single incident of man on woman violence let alone it being regular enough for someone to feel uncomfortable about it. How many times has it actually happened?

The one obvious bit I can think of was The Acclaimed on Julia Hart at All In.

Can't think of any others that were direct. Even in the mixed tag matches its usually the women that are given the spot where they gain an advantage.

There's been some blind sides. Anna Jay on Rampage which they sold as a serious injury. Might have been Julia Hart that did the bump that threw her back on to a table that she overshot.