The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

With all the CM Punk stuff one thing I've not seen mentioned more and it's Tony trying to make him wrestle while unfit and not cleared to wrestle. Major twat.

Noted. Creative must not come up with booking ideas for injured wrestlers until they have been fully cleared to wrestle.

13 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Noted. Creative must not come up with booking ideas for injured wrestlers until they have been fully cleared to wrestle.

There’s creative ideas for wrestlers not cleared to wrestle. The Randy News Network skits were phenomenal for example. What isn’t a good booking idea for an injured wrestler is putting an injured wrestler in a match. It’s something only a dickhead would suggest. 

32 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

What are you talking about, they wanted him to wrestle while injured which isn't close to what you've just said.

31 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

What are you talking about, they wanted him to wrestle while injured which isn't close to what you've just said.

So did he. Since he was planning to work the PPV having not been medically cleared at the point the 'Rocky 3' pitch was being made. 

No one should pitch ideas until they've been fully cleared to wrestle.

5 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

No one should pitch ideas until they've been fully cleared to wrestle.

Nah, pitch away, it keeps you in the mind of the booker. It’s up to the head booker/CEO/Escobar or whatever else Trainset Tone calls himself to say “You ain’t cleared to wrestle, you ain’t wrestling. Come up with something else that doesn’t involve wrestling”

There are times you’re Chemical Ali to Sniffs Saddam. Dorries to his Johnson. 

Where I smell nonsense in that claim was Punk saying he wouldn’t work hurt, he then did work so that tells me he was cleared and is embellishing a story to paint Khan etc in a bad light. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Louch said:

Where I smell nonsense in that claim was Punk saying he wouldn’t work hurt, he then did work so that tells me he was cleared and is embellishing a story to paint Khan etc in a bad light. 

Exactly. Has this been substantiated in any way, or are we just taking Punk's word as gospel?

26 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Exactly. Has this been substantiated in any way, or are we just taking Punk's word as gospel?

It’s wrestling, truth and forgiveness of transgressions are all measured differently depending on how much someone likes who is involved 

I'd kinda assumed that the original "Rocky 3" idea would play out over a longer period of time rather than having one promo of Punk going from sadface to fired up ready for the title. Punk loses, gets depressed, starts training again, gets pep talked, maybe even have an uncertain return match etc then fights for the title.  Everything between the loss and wrestling again could be done with him injured and keep him on TV. Gives you a nice build to the rematch, people hopefully invested in whether he can go again.

It's not a bad storyline, however it requires him to work a match mid rehab which is a terrible idea and means they should have thrown the story in the bin. They try and push Punk to work the squash, he gets legal involved. Tony Kahn being Tony Kahn decides that they'll do the storyline anyway as soon as he's cleared to wrestle, this is why we get the weird effect of Punk challenging again for the belt 10 days after getting squashed

I dunno if there's been anything said that refutes that interpretation , i've not followed this hugely closely. But yeah it's the only one I see that sort of explains all the weirdness (and it doesn't seem implausible someone like John Moxley would think working a short match injured is fine, why Punk would freak out at that idea and we're all aware that Tony Kahn can write storylines that clearly work in his head but don't actually work in practise)