The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

To be fair, a large part of the tribal fanbases now wanting a re-run of the late 90s 'wars' are ether trying to relive their childhood/teenage years or started watching wrestling

Yeah, but even Hiroo Onada thinks those guys are still too hung up on a war that ended decades ago. 

• Paid Members

Wrestling promoters have more digs than Time Team, but they are usually more sly about it. TK is just on full charge because they've moved Dynamite opposite NXT and he doesn't know how his current EWR save can process that. He's just lashing out because it might crash and if it does he doesn't know how he'll book Collision. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Wrestling promoters have more digs than Time Team, but they are usually more sly about it. TK is just on full charge because they've moved Dynamite opposite NXT and he doesn't know how his current EWR save can process that. 

This being the same Tony Khan that has coincidentally programmed a Battle of the Belts special up against Bound for Glory for the third year in a row btw.

12 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

This being the same Tony Khan that has coincidentally programmed a Battle of the Belts special up against Bound for Glory for the third year in a row btw.

Not to side with Tony but weren't those specials ordered by the TV company? He puts zero effort into them, also.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

No one watches either of those. Battle Of The Belts seems to be made up of matches that can't get on Rampage, and the belts battled for are usually meaningless anyway. I'm sure that one time the ROH North American Junior Heavyweight TBS Intergender 6 Person Tag Team Titles were defended. 

Spoiler

I have made that title up but you couldn't be sure could you. 

For comparisons to Bischoff. 
That was 25 years ago, during a period when WCW was pretty much coming out on top every week. And he was signing most of WWFs biggest stars to big money deals. 

And it didn't last. His later attempts to run it back made him look foolish. 

It's not a great look for TK at all (and likewise when HHH made similar jibes) especially when he's running empty arenas and Luke warm at best shows.

This nut bag is off his rocker.

Not even sure he’s got a leg to stand on, really, but even if he did he’s gone in so hard on HHH, HBK and Vince today. For a man who talks so frequently about wanting everyone to get along and to be the friendly place for everyone to come and have a smile and a slam, he hasn’t half got an edge when he’s got the hump.

4 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Sorry but he's been hilarious on Twitter today. It's funny. The po-faced reaction from some is amusing.

It’s very funny, but I don’t think it necessarily paints Tony in the best light if he’s still trying to pretend he’s different to everyone else in wrestling..

Yeah this is mad even by Khan standards. The two companies have always had a vibe of friendly competition, and you'd imagine with how much more open WWEs policies tend to be these days in a lot of respects that Triple H is probably the kind of guy who would trade content with AEW at some point in the future if it made good business sense. Then again I suppose more charred bridges than this have been rebuilt. 

I guess this is what happens when you piss on a billionaire kid's birthday. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It’s very funny, but I don’t think it necessarily paints Tony in the best light if he’s still trying to pretend he’s different to everyone else in wrestling..

Until he covers up murders or has multiple rape allegations against him, I’ll still say he’s different