The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

Since most people won't be expecting spoilers in the Twat thread, some thoughts below.

Spoiler

Maria might be the best signing of the 3. Just from a PR point of view. Her BTS role in Ring of Honor improved her standing in the wrestling world, she's also gone on to start her own women's wrestling promotion. Have no idea if anything will translate into an on screen improvement for the Women's division in AEW (or ROH if they get if off the ground). But it is another advocate for women's wrestling in the company with a platform to speak up for it.

OGK i've never really watched much of to be honest. Seem to be an experienced tag team and have had some success wherever they've one. AEW's tag division has been gutted somewhat this year. ReDragon, PnP, Hardys, Bucks (for now), House of Black(for now?), Team Taz, Jurassic Express, MOTY, Uno & Grayson, Hybrid2, Andrade & Rush might be over, Swerve in Our Glory look to be breaking up.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:
  Hide contents

Maria's the one who denied all knowledge of what Ashley told her about, right?

Never denied or confirmed, as far as I'm aware. Has avoided talking about it - and I can sort of get why. She'd be totally blacklisted by WWE from here on.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:
  Hide contents

Just not women wrestlers.

Spoiler

I'm guessing this about the Ashley Massaro situation. Since she wasn't in Ring of Honor for Kelly Klein.

Is there a link to what that's supposed to be about. Searching the two names on the likes of Reddit mainly picked up stuff when they were teaming, and Maria paying tribute after Ashley passed. Those threads not being filled with calling her a hypocrite or worse. Which you would expect.

25 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm guessing this about the Ashley Massaro situation. Since she wasn't in Ring of Honor for Kelly Klein.

Is there a link to what that's supposed to be about. Searching the two names on the likes of Reddit mainly picked up stuff when they were teaming, and Maria paying tribute after Ashley passed. Those threads not being filled with calling her a hypocrite or worse. Which you would expect.

12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So has any info leaked over the investigation? I've heard that one person may be taking court action but that's it.

Not really. Meltzer had a report saying none of the 5 (CM Punk, Bucks, Omega, Ace Steel) Know what's going on and are in the dark. At least one person (none of those 5) has yet to be interviewed. 

Rumours are someone's threatening legal action.

Safe to say someone's getting a lot of billable hours already.

Spoiler

"But it is another advocate for women's wrestling in the company with a platform to speak up for it."

Kenny Omega was an advocate for joshi. Didn't make a difference. Britt Baker was meant to be a homegrown star. Didn't make a difference. Baker and Rosa had one of the best matches on Dynamite that should have been a star making performance. Didn't make a difference. Maria isn't going to make a difference. 

They don't give a shit. It's stupid but it's true. It isn't going to change anytime soon. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

lolAEW.

I'm kidding obviously but I do remember Dixie Carter would often just go around meeting fans at shows, I think she did it quite a bit when TNA were over here, too.

She fucking well should have, for the number of backstage passes JB used to give out.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

lolAEW.

I'm kidding obviously but I do remember Dixie Carter would often just go around meeting fans at shows, I think she did it quite a bit when TNA were over here, too.

Then we’d get the MC Tommy mega thread about being her best pal and how he got to talk to her a lot 

• 2 months later...

I know you nerds don’t follow real sport but remember how WWE did a custom belt as a gift to the Super Bowl winners? Well Big Daddy Shaddy and his idiot sons Jacksonville Jaguars did one of the all time playoff comeback wins at the weekend. Like when Fulham win, Sniff remembered his twitter password and tweeted his congratulations. 

If the Fins lose to the Bills, which they probably will, I might have to cheer on the Jags just in case WWE do the belt thing again. Can you imagine if they did and the Jags Madusa’d the belt on AEW TV? If it pushes Vince towards death that bit quicker, I’m all for it!

Edited by Keith Houchen