The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

The backstage segment between RUSH, Jose and Private Party would have involved him most likely. Plus they might have intended to film more footage to promote the match v. 10.

Possible, but he wasn't essential so we are both guessing. And why would Tony ask him to come to a show when he isn't booked but Sammy was? It doesn't make sense.

• Paid Members

So Football Manager on one screen and EWR on another. That's the dream, surely? No wonder he's not able to keep control of the guys in the locker room. I wouldn't either with that in front of me.

Edited by mim731

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whole thing’s a complete embarrassment, but I would laugh if it became tradition that if anyone is denied their release they just walk into work and punch Sammy.

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

“Man this wrestler has been phoning it in for weeks now, he’ll be punching Sammy next month”

I like the idea that this could be the wrestling equivalent of "resigning from parliament via the Chiltern Hundred", and that Sammy Guevara will be around for years solely to be the "firing post" - and that, when he retires, they'll have a dummy with a picture of his mug taped on that a wrestler has to go up to and punch in order to "clock out" to quit.

45 minutes ago, Nick James said:

The guy must be fucking knackered to be fair.

Should just grow up and get a proper tattoo

• Paid Members

Khan needs to decide whether he's the boss or one of the boys. I can't think of any job I've had where I'd be able to threaten one of my colleagues on social media and it not be a major issue until I've actually smacked them. Someone should've been on the phone to them as soon as it kicked off on Twitter.

As much as I like Christopher Daniels, they could maybe do with getting a right bastard heading up talent relations. One thing Vince did well was to insulate himself from the tough decisions and let J.R and Johnny Ace take the blame. Jeff Jarrett still holds a grudge about the WWF slashing his pay when his wife had cancer, and rightly so, but he only really talks about J.R's part in it, not Vince.

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

The backstage drama is masking the fact that the wrestlers are being let down by the booking. It's an absolute mess. 

Absolutely. I think the two are closely related as well.

I can't imagine that this would've happened if Andrade was being used at even half-decently, and thought he might be risking a big push, title run etc. As it is, he's been given fuck all to work with. He's got the same recruitment gimmick that loads of others have done, or are currently doing. Except he never actually manages to recruit anyone. If that's all they've got for him then they should just sack him and put Ari Daivari or Prince Nana in that spot.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

I can't think of any job I've had where I'd be able to threaten one of my colleagues on social media and it not be a major issue until I've actually smacked them

I can't think of a job I've had where drug abuse is encouraged and your boss likes to hear stories of you fucking a woman with a mop handle, but this is wrestling 

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

As much as I like Christopher Daniels, they could maybe do with getting a right bastard heading up talent relations. One thing Vince did well was to insulate himself from the tough decisions and let J.R and Johnny Ace take the blame. Jeff Jarrett still holds a grudge about the WWF slashing his pay when his wife had cancer, and rightly so, but he only really talks about J.R's part in it, not Vince

More than once he lowballed payoffs and put the all heat on talent relations when called on it, looking like the hero when the payout got bumped up, most famously with Savage and HHH. 

1 hour ago, unfitfinlay said:

I can't imagine that this would've happened if Andrade was being used at even half-decently, and thought he might be risking a big push, title run etc. As it is, he's been given fuck all to work with.

I can imagine Tony talks a good game when trying to recruit people. But the more he promises to them, and the more he hires, the less likely it is that he can actually deliver on what they're expecting. And that was always going to be the problem.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I can imagine Tony talks a good game when trying to recruit people. But the more he promises to them, and the more he hires, the less likely it is that he can actually deliver on what they're expecting. And that was always going to be the problem.

What boss doesn’t talk a good game when recruiting? Of course he’s going to promise more then they will actually deliver, that’s pretty much every boss in history.