The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

If WWE are the Harvey Weinstein of professional wrestling, then who are AEW? Louis CK? Brett Ratner? John Lasseter? Dr Luke?

AEW actually signed the Weinstein of wrestling though! Whoooooo!

• Paid Members

I've been getting pelters on twitter from some right muppets, for pointing out that maybe bringing up the Weinstein comparison wasnt the best thing to while wearing a neck brace seconds after acting as if wrestling is real and he got beaten up. People not being able to see how this is not raising awareness for the Janel Grant case, and actually comes off as worked point scoring from a man in a comedy neck collar.

36 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I've been getting pelters on twitter from some right muppets, for pointing out that maybe bringing up the Weinstein comparison wasnt the best thing to while wearing a neck brace seconds after acting as if wrestling is real and he got beaten up. People not being able to see how this is not raising awareness for the Janel Grant case, and actually comes off as worked point scoring from a man in a comedy neck collar.

I'm not applauding Tony for it and I'm certainly not going to feel bad for WWE getting called out, but you raise a very fair point that Tony's comments were perhaps said for the wrong reasons (retaliation to WWE bashing his company via the media) and not calling out the media for being relatively quiet about this ongoing case. I agree that it wasn't used to highlight that case, and instead it was a line used in the middle of his promoting of his shows and ongoing angle. Sadly the coverage of this case will remain rather muted in certain circles.

4 hours ago, Loki said:

It’s a difficult moral line for any of us here, all wrestling fans, to tread.  If we were being strictly morally pure we’d perry much have to not watch ANY wrestling given how many sordid stories have come, and continue to come out all locker rooms.

There are plenty of us who don't watch any wrestling anymore because of this. It's not that hard if you're genuinely disgusted. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

There are plenty of us who don't watch any wrestling anymore because of this. It's not that hard if you're genuinely disgusted. 

After threatening to for years to do it properly, I had my first completely WWE free week. I survived, I just used that time in other ways. 

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

After threatening to for years to do it properly, I had my first completely WWE free week. I survived, I just used that time in other ways. 

Yeah at first it actually feels daunting as there's so many hours to fill if you watched both main shows and maybe even NXT. Which I did when I stopped.

24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Starting a thread about a WWE PPV, for one.

Freedoommmmmm.

braveheart GIF

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Starting a thread about a WWE PPV, for one.

Freedoommmmmm.

braveheart GIF

If I ever start a thread in off topic specifically about cake you will all know that the inevitable diagnosis for type 2 diabetes has finally arrived.